News: Would the Cowboys be interested in Deandre Hopkins next season?

Grevus

Reaction score
No. Too expensive and can't stay healthy. We already have enough players that can't stay on the field.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They need to explore any and all options at wr to fix the mess they made by trading their best receiver for peanuts.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Would depend, He is still a Cardinal so I would fully expect them to be asking for a 1st rd pick for him if not more. I would add Hopkins will be 31 next season not too old but not young for WR. Cowboys will have at best the 25 pick in the draft so a 1st rd 25 overall I think is do able but would still be leery of making the trade.

They are bluffing.......take look at his contract. No way in hell they are keeping him with those numbers.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/deandre-hopkins-12307/

Cydios

Reaction score
When is it time to look at a new QB? I mean not to replace next year, but to get him ready.

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are accused for not going after star players now accused of wanting shiny new objects? It can't be both. Where the big name players brought in as FA or trades? this year or last year or the year before that?
Obj? TY? Where's all the money? offense or defense? Hello?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Obj? TY? Where's all the money and draft capital? offense or defense? Hello?
OBJ was not signed was he? TY Hilton 800,000 not exactly a block buster deal. Hello I see you but where is the shiny object. people are around here whine because dallas is not going after all these high priced FA and now you want to sell this notion that Jerry always going for the shiny object? lol Please

cnuball21

Reaction score
Nah, we like our guys.

Per @NextGenStats

Noah Brown finished the season with 2.3 yards of average separation. That ranks T-117th out of 121st eligible WR’s/TE’s.

Michael Gallup is at 2.4. Which ranks T-116th out of 121. also rank 103rd and 112th in catch %.

Reaction score
OBJ was not signed was he? TY Hilton 800,000 not exactly a block buster deal. Hello I see you but where is the shiny object. people are around here whine because dallas is not going after all these high priced FA and now you want to sell this notion that Jerry always going for the shiny object? lol Please
Apparently you're basing this opinion on conjecture and emotion,,, Dallas is 5th from the bottom of the league in defensive spending. There's a $60million dollar gap in allocations.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hopkins numbers have a really fallen off the last two seasons missing 15 games with injuries. The fact the Cardinals might be willing to move on from him is a red flag. He’s going to be 31 next season and has been coming up with too many injuries. The Cardinals are going to want a premium draft pick for him. I wouldn’t be interested.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cowboys won't part with draft picks and add another $19M to the cap. Anyways, they should be looking to improve the run game...that's OL, TE, RB n OC.

jay94

Reaction score
I would be interested but I want to know what the Cardinals want for him. I have a feeling the draft picks are going to be more than I am willing to pay. Hopkins's $19 million salary number next year means whoever trades for him picks up a huge CAP hit. Gallup is due to make $11 million next year with a $14 million CAP hit. His salary is guaranteed for 2023. They could trade him and get a $3 million CAP save but if they only got a 5th for Cooper they would get nothing for Gallup. With CeeDee a free agent in 2024 they would be committing a lot of money to WRs.

I am sticking to my guns. They need to build a defense that can stop the run and pressure the QB, and an offense that can run the football taking the pressure off Dak. I'd rather spend the CAP space they have improving the offensive and defensive lines.

No separation is one of the biggest thing holding this team back, I'm not saying get Hopkins, but we have maybe the worst weapons in the league, definitely bottom 5.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Let's offer a 5th and see if they jump at it. Sweeten to a 4th of they get all whiny about it.