Would the Cowboys bench Dak?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In his career he's had great games, and he's had his moments of not doing well, we understand that no QB is perfect. With that said, and with all that's going on so far this off season, is there any chance the Cowboys would bench Dak if he hit a slump during the season? Are we willing to sit a player that's making that much money on the bench and waste money? If it happened during the earlier part of of the season, could they be benching him to save him for a possible trade? There's some things to think about. Hear me clearly, I'm not advocating for Dak to have a bad season etc, some may, that's their opinion!!!! In essence, i'm not saying this to be a bash Dak thread, he already has enough pressure on his mind now!! Please give your thoughts!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He’s a loser and always will be.

The quicker he is gone the quicker a QB search can begin.
but the fact is "who will we replace him with?!" I swear I hear this in my sleep, fans act as if Dak is the only QB in the world. No QB is perfect, you go through growing pains just like we did with dak, and you live and learn, hell the new QB may be better than what we expected. People always assume the worst

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
but the fact is "who will we replace him with?!" I swear I hear this in my sleep, fans act as if Dak is the only QB in the world. No QB is perfect, you go through growing pains just like we did with dak, and you live and learn, hell the new QB may be better than what we expected. People always assume the worst
Dak fans are comfortable in mediocrity.

Dak brings them comfort.

They are scared of the unknown.

They would rather wallow in the middle over taking chances to be great.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chances are you lose the lottery, but you certainly wont win if you dont play.

When we got rid of jg.....i serilusly doubt there was amy solid "plan". Fir better or worse, it was something that needed done.
I think some people have a sort of fake outrage about ditching dak. Its not a hate thing, its not totally daks fault.

Its just something that..probably...needs done. For better or worse. When you remodel, things get much worse before they get much better.

How many analogies can one guy use sheesh!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Chances are you lose the lottery, but you certainly wont win if you dont play.

When we got rid of jg.....i serilusly doubt there was amy solid "plan". Fir better or worse, it was something that needed done.
I think some people have a sort of fake outrage about ditching dak. Its not a hate thing, its not totally daks fault.

Its just something that..probably...needs done. For better or worse. When you remodel, things get much worse before they get much better.

How many analogies can one guy use sheesh!
who knows lol lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In his career he's had great games, and he's had his moments of not doing well, we understand that no QB is perfect. With that said, and with all that's going on so far this off season, is there any chance the Cowboys would bench Dak if he hit a slump during the season? Are we willing to sit a player that's making that much money on the bench and waste money? If it happened during the earlier part of of the season, could they be benching him to save him for a possible trade? There's some things to think about. Hear me clearly, I'm not advocating for Dak to have a bad season etc, some may, that's their opinion!!!! In essence, i'm not saying this to be a bash Dak thread, he already has enough pressure on his mind now!! Please give your thoughts!
The funnest part will be watching all the people that defended him for years turn on him when he’s no longer a Cowboy.

It’ll show just how phoney many of the “fans” are.

That’s always the most eye opening part about losing a player.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I like MC too but seriously, dude? You're acting like Joe Buck during an Aaron Rodgers game.
Joe and Troy love any player that just made a great play lol lol they express their deepest love for that player and can tell you everything about that player all season, funniest thing ever lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying all along. You want him to fail and take the team with him...thanks for finally admitting it. Now I can move on.
Finally?

I’ve been saying it for years now.

Rock bottom is sorely needed. I’m not scared of it like you.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Any player that is playing badly should be benched. Regardless of salary.

If a player needs to be benched to get someone else into the game or in an effort to spark the team, that's legit to.

In other words, benching's are part of the business.