Would the Cowboys bench Dak?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
In a perfect world the coach would play the best player available with no consideration of the money they are being paid but we all know that's not the case here. Now I'm not saying Trey is better than Dak right this second, but could he progress to being as good or better?? Who knows until we give the kid a shot. We are paying Dak either way this year.
Very true

Creeper

Reaction score
The only way I bench Dak is if I wanted to trade him. If that was the case I would just tell him we are moving in a different direction and if he wants to play in 2024 it will have to be on another team. If he chooses not to waive his trade clause then I would site him - which would hurt his value in 2025.

Why would I want to trade him? I would trade him if he insists on holding out on a new deal for $60 million. In fact, anything over $50 million and I would pull the plug on his tenure in Dallas.

But there is one big difference between me and Jerry. I would use the CAP save from cutting Dak to add some quality players to my roster. Jerry won't use the CAP save to do that so why not just extend Dak then? CAP room means nothing to Jerry because he won't use it properly.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The only way I bench Dak is if I wanted to trade him. If that was the case I would just tell him we are moving in a different direction and if he wants to play in 2024 it will have to be on another team. If he chooses not to waive his trade clause then I would site him - which would hurt his value in 2025.

Why would I want to trade him? I would trade him if he insists on holding out on a new deal for $60 million. In fact, anything over $50 million and I would pull the plug on his tenure in Dallas.

But there is one big difference between me and Jerry. I would use the CAP save from cutting Dak to add some quality players to my roster. Jerry won't use the CAP save to do that so why not just extend Dak then? CAP room means nothing to Jerry because he won't use it properly.
I agree anything past 50 million nahhhhhhhhhhhh

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What decision needs to be made? If you like Lance enough to trade a fourth for him last year why would you not like him a year later? What am I missing?
because you have a 50 million dollar road block in his way, i'm still not sure why they even made the trade

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What decision needs to be made? If you like Lance enough to trade a fourth for him last year why would you not like him a year later? What am I missing?
They will either need to pick up his 5th year option, extend him, or lose him to free agency. You would tend to think they want to see what he's got before making that decision, no?

stiletto

Reaction score
He will trust me on this one.
No way he finishes the season as the starter.
Honestly, that's a dumb bet. Dak is a regular season QB. He'll do enough to win games especially against bad teams during the regular season. Less pressure, so it is easier for him. If it is a pressure game (in season or not)..Dak can't handle it. This is why I want a new QB. He's a tease, it's worse than just being terrible quite honestly.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, that's a dumb bet. Dak is a regular season QB. He'll do enough to win games especially against bad teams during the regular season. Less pressure, so it is easier for him. If it is a pressure game (in season or not)..Dak can't handle it. This is why I want a new QB. He's a tease, it's worse than just being terrible quite honestly.
No way he survives the pressure of playing with a lesser team and tons of pressure due to being without an extension.
My bet is he get injured most likely as his subconscious will lead him in that direction in order to avoid the pressure.