Would You Be Happy With This Dak Comparison?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
My biggest problem with Dak is the contract he would receive.

We're paying him for intangibles and not really for his skill.

But that is for any QB we would have. In the NFL people get paid before they achieve it all. It just is. I don't like it and I'd like to see him take less to leave more for other players (see my history). But no matter who the Cowboys QB is they are going to demand a bunch of money just like others have. Every new contract makes the ones before look low. I hate that part of the game but that's a league wide issue.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But that is for any QB we would have. In the NFL people get paid before they achieve it all. It just is. I don't like it and I'd like to see him take less to leave more for other players (see my history). But no matter who the Cowboys QB is they are going to demand a bunch of money just like others have. Every new contract makes the ones before look low. I hate that part of the game but that's a league wide issue.

But QBs on Rookie deals and vets taking pay its are what are winning championships..

At least teams like the Ravens got a Super Bowl out of Joe Flacco before they jumped into the pool of stupidity.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Westbrook was a BEAST! People underrated him. McNabb had some trash at receiver until he got TO. Can't argue against that. James Trash and Stinkston.

But he always had some backs. I seem to remember them killing it with Staley, Westbrook and Buckhlater. Westbrook was a dual back.
I hated seeing Westbrook on the field. There was just no way we were ever going to keep him from hurting us. Sneaky little bass turd.

817Gill

Reaction score
But QBs on Rookie deals and vets taking pay its are what are winning championships..

At least teams like the Ravens got a Super Bowl out of Joe Flacco before they jumped into the pool of stupidity.
Dude look at the last 10 SB winners

-NE (3)
-PHIL
-DEN
-SEA
-NO
-NYG
-GB
-BAL

Wilson’s Seahawks won on the rookie contract plan.

Manning’s Bronco’s carried him with elite defense and a solid running game.

The Packers and Saints won with highly paid HOF qbs coupled with opportunistic defenses.

New York and Baltimore rode a historic hot streak from their middle of the pack QB’s and strong Defense and ST’s to win theirs.

And Philly did what NY and Baltimore did with a backup.

My point is there is no 1 or 2 ways to build a championship team. You gotta look at each situation in a vacuum. You don’t just blow it up cause a dudes rookie contract is up and there are no elite vets on the market willing to take a pay cut.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think 2019's top 5 in yardage is a perfect illustration of why stats have to be viewed with context.

Believe me, I agree with your point. What I was replying to was the comment that Dak was going to get paid because of his intangibles, as if he were Tim Tebow or Colt McCoy or whoever. In reality its because Dak is a franchise QB and 2 of the other 4 QBs on that yardage list fall into that category as well.

My reply was because if Dak was a Bill Bates effort guy with no talent, we wouldn't pay him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I've always thought a good comp for your posts is E. Coli. Small and everywhere, and if you get enough of it you become nauseous.

Hey look guys!

The board’s #1 liar.

You recovered from getting your teeth kicked in on your failed thread?

leeblair

Reaction score
Dak is like Donovan McNabb.
If the pressure gets to him he throws erratically and into the ground.
This was McNabb's weakness, and if teams knew it he was toast before the game started.
Who can forget McNabb choking and lobbing the ball wildly and costing the Eagles the Super Bowl vs the Patriots.
Said he was "tired".
If you took away his "go-to" guys he would throw the ball into the ground.
Yep; sounds like Dak.

SackMaster

Reaction score
We were comparing Dak to Wilson's early years. But Wilson 8 years in is still more mobile than Dak has ever been. And as much as Wilson did benefit from a great defense and a good running game, he's always had the tools to carry a team if need be. Good coaching doesn't allow your QB to absorb an astronomical load unless he has to. When Wilson had to, he answered the call because he's always had the ability, his crappy offensive lines notwithstanding. He's had Doug Baldwin and who else? Can we lean on Dak to do such things with a better WR cast? Not yet we can't. And I don't doubt that we can someday but for now, I'm hoping Zeke stays healthy.

Have a look at Wilson's rookie season and look at the throws he made not to mention his blazing mobility. Dak has never had the latter to that degree (the former either from where I sit). Dak's not elusive, he's "mobile for a big guy" and can run over a DB if needed but not juke or outrun them. Even Romo was more mobile than Dak in his early years. But back to Wilson, in particular, look at what Wilson did to a better Patriots team, starting at around 4:20.

The great thing about Highlights is they can make Dak look very Russell Wilson like

:grin:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The great thing about Highlights is they can make Dak look very Russell Wilson like

:grin:

If anything, this footage confirms what I've said. Not as mobile as Wilson. And certainly not as many bombs deep. Vast majority short to mid-range passes.