Would you be open to trading Zeke for a couple draft picks?

aria

Reaction score
I know you're kinda this out there but if you look at MM tenure with the Packers, he never featured a strong running game. In fact, if you recall, he only promised Zeke X number of TOUCHES. My point is it would not surprise me at by the end of the season this offense has devalued the RB position to point of Zeke being grossly overpaid vs his production.
Interesting, I was told by many people here that we would finally have a real coach that knew how to utilize zeke and that he would really shine and be better than we’ve ever seen him. Of course this also meant including him in the passing game more which is hard to do when he can’t catch 5 yard passes.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Interesting, I was told by many people here that we would finally have a real coach that knew how to utilize zeke and that he would really shine and be better than we’ve ever seen him. Of course this also meant including him in the passing game more which is hard to do when he can’t catch 5 yard passes.

Yeah @cern was saying it over and over again

Swagger

Reaction score
Zekes career has been wasted with Dak as the QB and the defensive drafting the last 4 years. Zeke is still a bargain and you wouldnt get much for him so might as well keep him. But the biggest mistake would be to pay Dak. Thats a whole different topic though.
Yep. If Dak gets paid then that will be all she wrote for several years. It's strange to me because if it happens there will be posters celebrating and ridiculing others who don't want the team knee capping the salary cap for him. They will be celebrating us turning into a hybrid of the Texans/Vikings. I.e. zero chance of reaching the Superbowl. Weird.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I talk about future transcations its based on what is best for the team. You call drafting a QB or finsing a stop gap in free agency a fantasy.

But if it doesnt happen this team will be a dumpster fire until Dak's contract, in which you believe to be a fore gone conclusion. Is over.

We have seen the best of Dak and what he is capable of doing and its not good enough in this league. The player is an anchor holding this team down.

I realize you hate the contract but some contender may not. In a season where everyone are falling to injury Zeke is a beast any team could ride to a championship.
That's your opinion on Dak. Others have a different opinion. Only time will tell who's right.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If we falter and go 1 and 3 over the next 4 games and have a record of 2-6. Would you be open to trading Zeke for a couple draft picks.

I would want at least a 1st and 3rd and would be ecstatic with 2 1st.

The dream is over, the O line is shot, with Dak here Zeke will only struggle and Zeke is just a luxury for the Cowboys at this point.

The last 4 years have been wasted and its time to move on. The Cowboys could parlay those pics into a QB and draft RB in the 3rd.

That would be a Belichek power move. Then maybe we could trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd

only one scenario where i say yes, Zeke one of my Fave Cowboys but looking at the first 3 games especially seatle where they are purposely game planning Zeke out games and lettings Dak throw 50times BY PLAN..

why the heck have a back like zeke under that deal and dont game plan to use him as the weapon he is..

if that MM plan and KM turns into Garett OC 2.0 and cant use the run game to compliment the pass and vice versa and its out of balance..

Might as well gets something for him/..it would have to be a big draft pick or its NO

im hoping Mm and KM did that for seatle but that not the pan going forward giving dak throwing 50times game isnt a winning formula..

NotForLong

Reaction score
who would give u a 1 and 3 for Zeke knowing they would have to pick up his contract? Rams got nothing for Gurley and we would be in same boat trying to get rid of Zeke now with the bloated contract. Zeke like 90% of the players after signing huge guaranteed contracts just doesnt care and why should he? where are all the "just give him the money people"?
Gurley is damaged goods and Zeke is a beast.

I believe Tampa woulf be a perfect trading partner

fredp22

Reaction score
Gurley is damaged goods and Zeke is a beast.

I believe Tampa woulf be a perfect trading partner
a beast that cant get out of the endzone untouched for a safety

Tampa Bay has 3mm in cap room- Zeke would cost 11mm and carry a dead cap of 35MM not to mention the 1st and 3rd the thread discussed.
In theory sounds good-financially dont see it

blueblood70

Reaction score
a beast that cant get out of the endzone untouched for a safety

Tampa Bay has 3mm in cap room- Zeke would cost 11mm and carry a dead cap of 35MM not to mention the 1st and 3rd the thread discussed.
In theory sounds good-financially dont see it
first off go watch that play because you are dead wrong, the turf ripped from under him on the cut, he slipped but regained his feet enough to get ball over the line.. the refs were wrong i watched it 4times now and he was NOT touch and got the ball over the line..

either way Zeke didnt make the line to gain because a freak thing lie the turf taring under his feet.. happens.. get passed it..dont argue unless you have it saved and watch it again multiple times it was NOT a Safety but theres reason watch the grass tear and dirt fly up causing his set foot to slip nearly a foot... chat happens but some go spewing hate with no real fact to back it..

add in terrble blocking and bad play call thats your facts

Zeke was Trucking ATL players , not his fault how play calling and blocking was in this game..

Ken

Reaction score
If we falter and go 1 and 3 over the next 4 games and have a record of 2-6. Would you be open to trading Zeke for a couple draft picks.

The dream is over, the O line is shot, with Dak here Zeke will only struggle and Zeke is just a luxury for the Cowboys at this point.

The last 4 years have been wasted and its time to move on. The Cowboys could parlay those pics into a QB and draft RB in the 3rd.

That would be a Belichek power move. Then maybe we could trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd
I am very open.

I would take a 2nd and 4th for him TBH.

RB's are a dime a dozen. We have invested in our OL so we didn't have to have the highest-paid RB in the league...

blumayne38

Reaction score

Sure let’s give another team 1-2 Super Bowls

Verdict

Reaction score
Well, if he's traded then there is no cap hit to us because the team who trades for him takes his salary on but then again, that's exactly why you won't get a decent deal for him so...............
Prorated signing bonus would accelerate into the cap. But other than that you are correct.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sure let’s give another team 1-2 Super Bowls
first off go watch that play because you are dead wrong, the turf ripped from under him on the cut, he slipped but regained his feet enough to get ball over the line.. the refs were wrong i watched it 4times now and he was NOT touch and got the ball over the line..

either way Zeke didnt make the line to gain because a freak thing lie the turf taring under his feet.. happens.. get passed it..dont argue unless you have it saved and watch it again multiple times it was NOT a Safety but theres reason watch the grass tear and dirt fly up causing his set foot to slip nearly a foot... chat happens but some go spewing hate with no real fact to back it..

add in terrble blocking and bad play call thats your facts

Zeke was Trucking ATL players , not his fault how play calling and blocking was in this game..
I personally Love Zeke. He brings effort on every play and he is always falling forward. Its almost a given he suits up every game. I would just like to see him succeed somewhere away from this clown show. . . I resent the disrespect he gets on this board, these are fans who only look at stats. I feel he deserves better.

I feel he could bring 3 wins to any team in contention. He could turn a a team that is middle of the pack into a bonafide contender. And he could turn a team like the Patriots, Buccaneers, or even the Bills into Super Bowl Favorites and turn a team like the Chicago Bears into a Super Bowl participants

While Dak is doing his thing . . . 1 lucky on sides kick away from 0-3 while leading the league in almost every passing category. . . while it appears Dak is doing enough to stay with the team . . . I think Zeke deserves Better. I will still remain a Cowboy Fan but Zeke doesn't deserve to be mired in mediocrity.

Besides I would love to see all the Dak Fan Boys\Zeke Haters eat their hearts out after Dak is only capable of 3-4 wins a year compared to 8, all the while watching Zeke Eat.

Zeke is a great talent who I appreciate but he deserves a better Fan Base. This Dak-psychosis is Tarnishing Zeke true Legacy

NotForLong

Reaction score
I personally Love Zeke. He brings effort on every play and he is always falling forward. Its almost a given he suits up every game. I would just like to see him succeed somewhere away from this clown show. . . I resent the disrespect he gets on this board, these are fans who only look at stats. I feel he deserves better.

I feel he could bring 3 wins to any team in contention. He could turn a a team that is middle of the pack into a bonafide contender. And he could turn a team like the Patriots, Buccaneers, or even the Bills into Super Bowl Favorites and turn a team like the Chicago Bears into a Super Bowl participants

While Dak is doing his thing . . . 1 lucky on sides kick away from 0-3 while leading the league in almost every passing category. . . while it appears Dak is doing enough to stay with the team . . . I think Zeke deserves Better. I will still remain a Cowboy Fan but Zeke doesn't deserve to be mired in mediocrity.

Besides I would love to see all the Dak Fan Boys\Zeke Haters eat their hearts out after Dak is only capable of 3-4 wins a year compared to 8, all the while watching Zeke Eat.

Zeke is a great talent who I appreciate but he deserves a better Fan Base. This Dak-psychosis is Tarnishing Zeke true Legacy
13 years from now I really don't want to hear these idiots talking about Zeke sucked because he kept Dak from winning a Super Bowl

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
RB's are a dime a dozen. We have invested in our OL so we didn't have to have the highest-paid RB in the league...

So RBs are a dime a dozen, but a team would take on Zeke's salary and give up a couple of high draft picks?

:facepalm:

aria

Reaction score

Woooooooooo! This is pure gold!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: