Would you be open to trading Zeke for a couple draft picks?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Interesting, I was told by many people here that we would finally have a real coach that knew how to utilize zeke and that he would really shine and be better than we’ve ever seen him. Of course this also meant including him in the passing game more which is hard to do when he can’t catch 5 yard passes.
You're misinformed on McCarty's history with RBs. To the point where I doubt you've done any sort of research.
McCarty has almost always had productive RBs.
He's coached Ricky Williams, McAllister, Frank Gore, Green, Lacy and Grant. They were all Productive and multiple 1,000+ yard seasons.

Elliott has a bad game and that is somehow supposed to illustrate he's overrated? I don't think so. I wouldn't have drafted a RB that early, but you have to be honest and except that he's a great and complete RB. Even though you have some personal agenda against him.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Unless it's 2-3 first-round picks, no. And then if that I'd think about it. He's the least of our worries.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zeke has 88 yards on 15 receptions. He has been targeted 22 times. That is 4 YPA. This is epic level of futility so far.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I just do not understand how people can look at the way his career stats are trending and not be at least a little bit concerned. He is declining at a staggering rate. He could turn it around, anything is possible, but there simply has to be some concern.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I personally Love Zeke. He brings effort on every play and he is always falling forward. Its almost a given he suits up every game. I would just like to see him succeed somewhere away from this clown show. . . I resent the disrespect he gets on this board, these are fans who only look at stats. I feel he deserves better.

I feel he could bring 3 wins to any team in contention. He could turn a a team that is middle of the pack into a bonafide contender. And he could turn a team like the Patriots, Buccaneers, or even the Bills into Super Bowl Favorites and turn a team like the Chicago Bears into a Super Bowl participants

While Dak is doing his thing . . . 1 lucky on sides kick away from 0-3 while leading the league in almost every passing category. . . while it appears Dak is doing enough to stay with the team . . . I think Zeke deserves Better. I will still remain a Cowboy Fan but Zeke doesn't deserve to be mired in mediocrity.

Besides I would love to see all the Dak Fan Boys\Zeke Haters eat their hearts out after Dak is only capable of 3-4 wins a year compared to 8, all the while watching Zeke Eat.

Zeke is a great talent who I appreciate but he deserves a better Fan Base. This Dak-psychosis is Tarnishing Zeke true Legacy

Mm and KM have decided Dak was Aaron rogers and it has failed so far..we need balance and Zeke needs to be part of the game plan every week even if its in a smaller role..i get games get out of hand and you have to go pass happy but they purposely went it publicly saying they would basically try to out pass and out score the Hawks and dak threw 2 picks and had fumble..

not entirely daks fault but we need a complimentary balanced offense that dak and Zeke can feed of each other and keep defenses honest

not only is dak not Rogers but our OL is hurting and you drop back 50times BY PLAN??!!!!!!!!!!!

INSANE

Kellen Moore is my target this season, hes a passing game coordinator at best , he doesnt not know how to design a run game plan that is by design and helps complement the pass game and vice versa , he either runs all game or a passes all game and when it goes off the rails panics and goes shell shock mode..

that last drive i rewatched twice now , they were calling plays as if they were lining up for FG to win and needed a TD.. KM is the issue and if MM doesnt start stepping on his toes and he agrees with this philosophy this will be the ATL offense 2.0 all yards and bark and not enough wins to get it done..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I personally Love Zeke. He brings effort on every play and he is always falling forward. Its almost a given he suits up every game. I would just like to see him succeed somewhere away from this clown show. . . I resent the disrespect he gets on this board, these are fans who only look at stats. I feel he deserves better.

I feel he could bring 3 wins to any team in contention. He could turn a a team that is middle of the pack into a bonafide contender. And he could turn a team like the Patriots, Buccaneers, or even the Bills into Super Bowl Favorites and turn a team like the Chicago Bears into a Super Bowl participants

While Dak is doing his thing . . . 1 lucky on sides kick away from 0-3 while leading the league in almost every passing category. . . while it appears Dak is doing enough to stay with the team . . . I think Zeke deserves Better. I will still remain a Cowboy Fan but Zeke doesn't deserve to be mired in mediocrity.

Besides I would love to see all the Dak Fan Boys\Zeke Haters eat their hearts out after Dak is only capable of 3-4 wins a year compared to 8, all the while watching Zeke Eat.

Zeke is a great talent who I appreciate but he deserves a better Fan Base. This Dak-psychosis is Tarnishing Zeke true Legacy
:hammer:

aria

Reaction score
I find it amusing that a guy who fumbled 2 times on 3 carries, dropped 3 easy passes and averaged 2.4 yards against Seattle for a whopping total of 34 yards is the least of our worries.

I’m sure it will all be swept under the rug when he has some good games against bush league defenses but as soon as we have another big game against a good team he’ll go right back to being average or worse.

Horrible contract and waste of a draft pick.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
So RBs are a dime a dozen, but a team would take on Zeke's salary and give up a couple of high draft picks?

:facepalm:
We invested a high #1 and gave him the biggest rb contract.

There are other suckers.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Prorated signing bonus would accelerate into the cap. But other than that you are correct.

Yes, good point. I think he has something like 4 mil still needed to be paid out against his signing bonus but even then, that's like a 9 mil cap savings in that specific year. Not gonna happen but financially, there are certainly benefits.

He's a great player but very expensive.

basel90

Reaction score
If we falter and go 1 and 3 over the next 4 games and have a record of 2-6. Would you be open to trading Zeke for a couple draft picks.

I would want at least a 1st and 3rd and would be ecstatic with 2 1st.

The dream is over, the O line is shot, with Dak here Zeke will only struggle and Zeke is just a luxury for the Cowboys at this point.

The last 4 years have been wasted and its time to move on. The Cowboys could parlay those pics into a QB and draft RB in the 3rd.

That would be a Belichek power move. Then maybe we could trade Cooper for a 2nd or 3rd
Would be good to trade him for 1 first rounder . He has regressed this year and did not do well last year either. His contract is very expensive for the results . .

vicjagger

Reaction score
I think that Dak is absolutely good enough and so was Romo.

The defense, then and now, is the issue. And I mean that in the biblical sense.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We invested a high #1 and gave him the biggest rb contract.

There are other suckers.

For other teams, maybe. But since Dallas fleeced the Vikings years ago, NOBODY is doing Dallas any favors...