Would you bring DLaw back after this season?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You have $10 cap savings, but $21M dead cap so take that into consideration.
This. He's still going to count $10m against the cap if he's a June-1 cut.

He should still be effective for another couple of years, even if passrush declines, because of his ability in the run game and willingness to do the dirty work on stunts and that sort of thing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This. He's still going to count $10m against the cap if he's a June-1 cut.

He should still be effective for another couple of years, even if passrush declines, because of his ability in the run game and willingness to do the dirty work on stunts and that sort of thing.
Myself, I don't doubt that he is a survivor and is worth strong support!

quickccc

Reaction score
This will be D-laws last year in Dallas
No one knows ... DLaw could very well re-sign for a one year 8 million dollar deal after this current is expired., when its said and done.

This is a team that had no qualms about giving a very declining Tyrone Crawford 7 and 9 million dollars on his last contract.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This^^^^his value extends way beyond sacks alone. He was rated a top 5 run defender at one point last season. Not sure how he finished but he's always been one the hardest-working player on the D.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/demarcus-lawrence/8669

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

JayFord

Reaction score
How do sam williams and Dorance fair?

can they defend the run by setting the edge and forcing the Rb to cut back inside?

theres ALOT that Lawrence does that dont make the stats such as grunt work

Defensive end isnt all about sack, sacks and more sacks....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
This^^^^his value extends way beyond sacks alone. He was rated a top 5 run defender at one point last season. Not sure how he finished but he's always been one the hardest-working player on the D.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/demarcus-lawrence/8669
i

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's responding well to Quinn so yeah, it's a young defense that needs physical leaders

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Depends on how this season goes with and the other DE's. But right now I'm leaning on trading him or June 1st cut unless he will take an extension on a very team friendly deal. I don't see him doing that.

The Cowboys have a good DE corp and there is no reason to overpay or commit big dollars to someone besides Parsons. Big thing is how the other DE's looks this year. We will know much more next January.
Said perfectly, but when you look at it everyone is trying to get rid of Armstrong online, Fowler is a one year player each season, I think it depends a lot on Williams development, but we're thin after this. Unless you kick FEHOKO out to de and not dt

Kwyn

Reaction score
He will have one more non-guaranteed year left on his deal. We can save $10M with a post-June 1 release or trade.
Tough call for me coz there's a ton of dirty work he cleans up that you won't find on the stat sheet.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

Why wouldn’t we?

I’m my opinion, anyone who doesn’t see what he delivers is caught up in their feelings and not thinking about football.

And for those who say there’s something about money, blah blah, contract, blah blah, I think they aren’t even trying to pay attention to what players are paid.

Again; we have so many fans, especially here at the zone, who are still thinking about the NFL from 30 years ago. And beyond that, sad to say, we still have a core here who never got past the Landry days.

It’s 2023, not 1973.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd say yes because his dead cap is the same as his cap hit. What difference does it make if you split up dead cap money on two years unless you desperately need that space? They did that with Collins last year and now we have 8.3M of his dead money on this year's cap. We'll see Zeke's remaining 6M on next year's cap.