Would you bring DLaw back for 2024?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No, he's not a free agent but I doubt he will play 2024 w/o new G'teed money. For me, yes w/o a doubt if he's willing to play for the $10M range. He is still a valuable piece of this D even w/o the sexy stats.

This is his contract........he restructured in 2022 ( $40M 30m G'teed) In other words, this is his final year of G'teed money.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/demarcus-lawrence-14443/

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
No, he's not a free agent but I doubt he will play 2024 w/o new G'teed money. For me, yes w/o a doubt if he's willing to play for the $10M range. He is still a valuable piece of this D even w/o the sexy stats.

This is his contract........he restructured in 2022 ( $40M 30m G'teed) In other words, this is his final year of G'teed money.

Absolutely. Armstrong and Fowler are free agents so we absolutely need him back. Based on that contract he’s not going anywhere. It would be too much dead money.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Absolutely. Armstrong and Fowler are free agents so we absolutely need him back. Based on that contract he’s not going anywhere. It would be too much dead money.
That’s the intriguing one to me. A lot of DE depth eligible for FA, and our 3 year track record as the best pass DE rushing team probably will tempt some GMs. We found Fowler out there cheap, but DQ had history with him. Can we replace those guys for depth? They may not be as pricey as though as they were looking a year ago.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Considering there's no cost benefit or reason not to he will be back. More than likely the Cowboys will either add another short extension or dummy year to spread out the cap hit.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't get the question? He's having a great year and he's under contract.......you bring him back.
He has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this year.........no way he playing w/o new money. Now that could be just a matter of adding another year via restructuring but he's not playing without it.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
So you are only saving 10 mil and then you have to sign or draft a player to replace his production. There is no doubt you keep him unless you are doing a full rebuild or something dumb. This isn't the Cooper situation where you saved 20 million and we had Lamb already for cheap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He has no guaranteed money left on his contract after this year.........no way he playing w/o new money. Now that could be just a matter of adding another year via restructuring but he's not playing without it.
I guess i'm confused. He's under contract....they would bring him back next year aso wouldn't he get all that money?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The better better question is would you cut him a d if the answer is yes then why are you pretending to be a cowboys fan.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I guess i'm confused. He's under contract....they would bring him back next year aso wouldn't he get all that money?
Yes, he would but it's not guaranteed......I'm 100% certain he will ask for his release or refuse to report w/o a restructuring.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If the real question is do we give him a new top contract to limit is cap hit next season, then I would not give a new top level contract. Otherwise, gotta keep him.
He has made $13M in the last couple of seasons..........my guess is a restructuring of $10M range should get it done.

btgboys41

Reaction score
He has made $13M in the last couple of seasons..........my guess is a restructuring of $10M range should get it done.
Makes sense. He's really good. I know there’s plenty of money as the cap goes up, but it’s hard to ignore the checks that are about to be written for a couple Cowboys over the next year or so.

exciter

Reaction score

There’s like a 400k difference between his cap hit and dead money. There’s not much of a question he’ll be back… even with half of the performance he’s had this season!