Would you bring DLaw back for 2024?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I didn't question the accuracy of the numbers you provided about Mahomes contract. Just stating that the Chiefs are the ones that initiated the contract restructures. Everyone predicted that would be the outcome when he signed his deal. It wasn't as if Mahomes decided he needed to rework his deal.

I disagree that $80 million isn't generational wealth and he may actually have more depending on what he got in endorsements and his assets. He invests that money wisely now and in 20 to 25 years when he has grandkids, there will be even a lot more money to spread around. He is in a good spot for himself and his family and of course he is still going to get paid even more the next contract.
I understand what you’re saying, I’m just speaking from my own personal experience related to a similar amount of money within my family. There was a tragedy that ate up a good bit of my grandfather’s wealth, but families get large, lifestyles become accustomed to, and what seems like astronomical money to us isn’t necessarily. Any fortune can be blown, and other fortunes grow.

coult44

Reaction score

movaughn88

Reaction score
$80MM isn’t generational wealth. Yes, it’s enough money for him to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life, made certain his kids have the best, etc. It’s not enough for his great grandchildren to be able to say the same necessarily. My grandfather had the equivalent of that in 1960. 4 kids and 12 grandchildren later and most of the grandkids aren’t millionaires, and it isn’t because we didn’t inherit nice tidy piles, but we’re didn’t get a million each.

The numbers I quoted for Maines Mahomes are accurate. Yes, he’s been restructured, but he’s also gotten a ‘raise’.
Lmao WHAT $80m isn’t generational wealth?

Your grandpa must have wasted it

Silverz1972

Reaction score
I don’t think you can at what he would command. You have to let him test free agency. Probably in a decline past this point.

Now if he wanted to sign a series of 1 year contract at say $5-7 million per year. Could probably look at that.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Absolutely. Armstrong and Fowler are free agents so we absolutely need him back. Based on that contract he’s not going anywhere. It would be too much dead money.
Feed him a lot of Potatoes and Gravy this off season and move him in the middle!

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
DLaw is destroying and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. Of course you keep him. He's probably been our 2nd best player on defense this year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score