Would You Bring Witten Back?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I encourage anyone to check out the early reviews on Witten as broadcaster. They are HORRIBLE. It’s only a question of when ESPN moves on to someone else. If they do so soon...Jason might want to jump back to football for 6 games or so and a playoff ride.

Just one of the many articles on Wit in the booth:
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...-ex-cowboy-jason-witten-monday-night-football
I'm aware there are a lot of jerks out there that feel free to rain on other peoples parades. Just because those jerks exist doesn't mean their opinion matters. ESPN isn't giving up on Witten that easily.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Witten may return as a coach, but not a player. The Monday Night gig is awful.

GMO415

Reaction score
Witt?
giphy.gif

T-RO

Reaction score
I'm aware there are a lot of jerks out there that feel free to rain on other peoples parades. Just because those jerks exist doesn't mean their opinion matters. ESPN isn't giving up on Witten that easily.

I love Jason and was hopeful he'd succeed like Tony. I strongly believe that will never happen. I'm just calling it how I see it. The best thing for JW might be to get back to the game. He still has a little window where he could contribute. Maybe get some playoff success.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I love Jason and was hopeful he'd succeed like Tony. I strongly believe that will never happen. I'm just calling it how I see it. The best thing for JW might be to get back to the game. He still has a little window where he could contribute. Maybe get some playoff success.
Yeah, you made your position known quite clearly the first time.:rolleyes: Keep dreaming.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This thread is an exercise in futility as far as the chances of Witten returning. He has a new gig that appears to be going well. Let's not waste time and mental energy contemplating that which, by all indications, isn't at all likely to happen. I'd be willing to waste a few minutes of my time at this point to state the obvious. In serving that cause, here goes:

I wouldn't bring Witten back as a player, even if the opportunity presented itself. If it were eventually possible for him to return as a TE coach, that would be another story for another time. As far as him coming back as a player, that boat has already sailed. It's simply not worth considering at this point in time. He's older and out of shape now. Other players need to come into the picture and be allowed to develop.

I agree, amigo.

But to answer the question, yes . . . in a heartbeat.

Witten would give this team exactly what it needs, even at his old age.

Definitely one of the greatest Cowboys ever.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

I mean, it's not totally impossible. And I like underdog scenarios.. Even if JG isn't really an "underdog," per se.. I think he'll be a good broadcaster, and I've seen his first broadcast. But he'll be a great tight end for the next 2-3 years. As I said, even at in his old age.