Would you draft Aaron Donald with our first round pick

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I would be more than happy to trade back in the 1st and hope to pick up a late 2nd or early 3rd and get Donald in the late 1st.

Me too man, but I'm afraid he won't be around in the late first.

I may be wrong and him being undersized keeps him from rocketing up draft boards, but I really think he ends up going rather high.

I hope I'm wrong.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
you can tell the guys on this board who hasn't seen Donald play. They just hate on his size. This guy is a beast and very quick. He dominated every team he played. people want hageman or Tuitt over Donald, but why, just because they have size. Look at the common teams they all played. Donald played far and away better vs same competition than they did.

Hageman with his size should have been dominate but yet couldn't put up the numbers Donald did.

My dream draft would be Nix in the 1st and Donald in the 2nd. Nix a perfect 1 tech and Donald a perfect 3 tech.

I agree it would be preferred to get a large player but size doesn't mean anything when they can't play. At the end of the day, isn't about getting the best player? Donald is the bet player.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Me too man, but I'm afraid he won't be around in the late first.

I may be wrong and him being undersized keeps him from rocketing up draft boards, but I really think he ends up going rather high.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just depends on his combine and interviews. By draft time we will know if he has shot up draft boards and if so then, yes draft him at 16.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
lulz, "forget his size"

Sorry OP. Size is much more important in the NFL than it is at Pitt.... Short guy with T-Rex arms.
Hes a 2nd round guy...

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Trade back to the bottom of the first round like last year, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder, and draft Michael Sam with the 31st or 32nd pick from Missouri.

neosapien23

Reaction score
He was very dominant but he is only six foot even. I do think he will be a good nfl player, but he can be had in the 2nd round. If some team wants to gamble a high pick on his so be it. Dallas can always take a player with both size and production like Kony Ealy in the 1st round.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Warren sapp wasn't 5"11 285

Warren Sapp meant more to that dominant Tampa D than Simeon Rice ever did. A dominant 3-tech is vital. Getting a pass rush from inside is much more difficult to find than at DE. Just look at how many pass rushing DE/OLB there are in the NFL and how many pass rushing DT there are.

Henry Melton (6-3, 295 lbs), Geno Atkins (6-1, 300 lbs), and not many others at the DT spot. Melton was more important than Peppers was to that DL, and Atkins is by far the most important lineman in Cincy. If you run a 43 defense, there is nothing as important as a dominant 3-tech.

I'd take Donald all day long in the first. If Hatcher got 11 sacks this year from the 3-Tech spot, there is no telling what Donald would do. Put a big DT next to him and he would transform our defense.