Would you draft Cam Newton

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Stautner;3747449 said:
If he were available, should we draft Cam Newton?

Given the needs Dallas have I would rather look to trade and pick up an extra 2nd rd pick if we could. That way we could still get mid 1st rd pick and have 2 2nd rd picks to help revamp the OL.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
baj1dallas;3747515 said:
Can't afford it.

I would love to. He's going to be special. We just can't afford to spend that high of a pick on a 2nd stringer.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't think QB is among our greatest needs right now, he's a unique talent but I don't think he's even remotely on Jerry's radar for that pick.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not unless it is after the 3rd round and I doubt he falls that far.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
Only if Nick Fairley/Patrick Peterson are not on the board and if there are no good trade down opportunities.

haasbro

Reaction score
If Cam Newton is the best player available on our draft board when we pick, then get him. Romo won't last forever, Kitna may get offers to start somewhere, and who in the hell wants to go into another post Aikman QB slump?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
haasbro;3748235 said:
If Cam Newton is the best player available on our draft board when we pick, then get him. Romo won't last forever, Kitna may get offers to start somewhere, and who in the hell wants to go into another post Aikman QB slump?

Kitna ain't getting no offers to start nowhere, lol. His days as the #1 option are over.

Boog

Reaction score
Newton is a great player, but I wouldn't want him on the Cowboys. I don't see his run/pass ability doing much more than Tebow is doing right now, except he'll be picked up by a team who will start him right away. BUST.

I'd love to see Kellen Moore get picked up by Dallas. Tall QB with a great arm. But I want Romo to be around a while, so no QB right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Boog;3748267 said:
Newton is a great player, but I wouldn't want him on the Cowboys. I don't see his run/pass ability doing much more than Tebow is doing right now, except he'll be picked up by a team who will start him right away. BUST.

I'd love to see Kellen Moore get picked up by Dallas. Tall QB with a great arm. But I want Romo to be around a while, so no QB right now.

Tall? I would not consider Moore a tall QB.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
haasbro;3748235 said:

If you want to get someone to take over for Romo down the road and you want a first round QB....Trade up and get the best one in the draft....Luck.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No. Unlike a lot of Cowboys fans, I think this team with a few more pieces, can contend for a Super Bowl in two years. Romo still has some good years left. Besides, I don't know how Cam will adjust from a spread formation to a more traditional offense.

We need to bring the beef back to the Cowboys roster, but not necessarily at quarterback.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If he's sitting there in the 3rd round...yes. Doubt he will be though.

I would not use a #1 on him unless it was trade bait.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3748293 said:
If you want to get someone to take over for Romo down the road and you want a first round QB....Trade up and get the best one in the draft....Luck.

I agree. If I was going to look to get a top QB in this draft Luck would be the guy I went after.

Stautner

Reaction score
haasbro;3748235 said:

This is a great point. Maybe Cam could be the next guy, maybe not, but we need to give this some attention at some point.

BrAinPaiNt;3748293 said:

So, do we just snap our fingers and a trade is done, or are we unwilling to trade away a bunch of draft picks or some good players to do it/

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Stautner;3747449 said:
If he were available, should we draft Cam Newton?

If we didn't have Romo, yes.

Now? No. But if he's on the board when we pick, I'd work the phones and trade out of the pick.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
tyke1doe;3748325 said:
No. Unlike a lot of Cowboys fans, I think this team with a few more pieces, can contend for a Super Bowl in two years. Romo still has some good years left. Besides, I don't know how Cam will adjust from a spread formation to a more traditional offense.

We need to bring the beef back to the Cowboys roster, but not necessarily at quarterback.

I think Cam will adjust about as well as Roethlisberger did. Similar athletes minus the running ability.