Would you favor replacing Cooper Rush with Nick Foles?

kskboys

Reaction score
Foles? My gawd, this is yesterday. Foles was good for two games, and sucked chunks badly before and after. He's terrible.

kskboys

Reaction score
With Foles on the team we finish 11-5 and win the division last season

No doubt in my mind he wins the Saints, Patriots, and Eagles games.........probably wins the Bills game too.
Tons of doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt in my mind he gets benched after a very few games!!!! I mean, this guy sucks.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Foles on the team we finish 11-5 and win the division last season

No doubt in my mind he wins the Saints, Patriots, and Eagles games.........probably wins the Bills game too.

No doubt in my mind you didn't watch a snap of Foles play in 2019.

shabazz

Reaction score
Tons of doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt in my mind he gets benched after a very few games!!!! I mean, this guy sucks.

Depends on what team hes playing on. He was great in Philly, sucked on STL and KC and than come back to Philly and Balled out

I think with this team, he returns to form. Hes had a lot of success in the NFC East

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team can't afford him and he's not worth the money.

That backup QB role is so far down the priority list that I don't care who they have, doesn't matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Depends on what team hes playing on. He was great in Philly, sucked on STL and KC and than come back to Philly and Balled out

I think with this team, he returns to form. Hes had a lot of success in the NFC East

Aside from that two game stretch in the playoffs, Foles hasn't been good since 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not kidding. When he took over for Wentz, he was terrible down the stretch. He hasn't had much success at all in the NFC East.

garyo1954

Reaction score

Foles should be the sentimental favorite to return to the Eagles. It where he had his most success. (And a statue of St Nick) But the Eagles look to be carrying Josh McCown and Nate Sudfield in 2020.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think that if he were to accept a backup role, it would be in Philly.

He loved it there and didn't want to leave but essentially had you when they chose to pay to keep Wentz for the long term. If he's anyone's backup, it will be there.
At least in Philly he would pretty much get an almost guarantee of playtime the way Wentz gets hurt. Just sayin. I bet when Wentz went out in that playoff game they were crying, " I wish we had Foles".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least in Philly he would pretty much get an almost guarantee of playtime the way Wentz gets hurt. Just sayin. I bet when Wentz went out in that playoff game they were crying, " I wish we had Foles".

Undoubtedly. I'm sure the Eagles would have loved to have been able to afford him, and Foles would have loved to have stayed. But when the money and the cap get involved, things like this happen.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It depends on what the team wants to do IMO. If the plan is to tag Dak, then I think you plan to bring in a guy who is going to be your starter, at least for a part of the season. If you think you have a deal close and Dak will be in the fold for the preseason etc, then maybe you can go after somebody less expensive to be your backup Vet. If Dak holds out, then that money is not against your cap. It can be repurposed to pay for a QB. There are still moving parts here. Those need to be figured out and the team needs to have a good plan on what they want to do.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/02/nfl-scouting-combine-draft-peter-king/
One of my favorite X factors is Foles, assuming, as many in combine hallways believe, that the Jaguars go with Gardner Minshew. Foles is 31, a Super Bowl MVP, a great team guy, a pocket guy in need of a good offensive line and outside weapons. The more I think of Foles, and the more I think of a landing spot if he’s not a Jag, I think I might be able to talk myself into the Colts. Makes a lot of sense, especially behind that line, and especially with how much help he’d be to Jacoby Brissett.

Would anybody not want Foles over Rush? It would be a massive upgrade but I think the cost will be too much. Foles is not signing a vet minimum contract.