Would you feel better if Dallas got blown out in the NFCCG?

Blitzen

Reaction score
It would have been against SF in SF. I know lots of the media and people here were ready to claim progress was being made if only the Cowboys could get drilled by SF in the NFCCG.

I contend that it would just show the arrow was still pointing sideways from the club. Only a victory vs the SF club that had beaten Dallas three straight times could show true progress from other recent seasons.

It’s also funny to see SF back in the NFCCG because some people seem to believe that recent history cannot predict the future. Nothing is perfect, but recent past results and performance are the best predictors of future performance. I think that is why some want to always look to the future, since the past remind them of the accuracy of my last sentence.

The issues facing Dallas are likely insurmountable. Dak has looked poor in most playoff game first halves he has ever taken part in. GB and SF look on a completely different level than Dallas. Detroit could improve even more next season. There could be some other potential NFC squads on the rise next season or in the next couple. This season was the best chance to get just to the CCG and the team got destroyed. The team is supposed to be a contender now, but performs like an annual pretender. SF beating the team that just demolished the Cowboys show just how far away the Cowboys are.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It would have been against SF in SF. I know lots of the media and people here were ready to claim progress was being made if only the Cowboys could get drilled by SF in the NFCCG.

I contend that it would just show the arrow was still pointing sideways from the club. Only a victory vs the SF club that had beaten Dallas three straight times could show true progress from other recent seasons.

It’s also funny to see SF back in the NFCCG because some people seem to believe that recent history cannot predict the future. Nothing is perfect, but recent past results and performance are the best predictors of future performance. I think that is why some want to always look to the future, since the past remind them of the accuracy of my last sentence.

The issues facing Dallas are likely insurmountable. Dak has looked poor in most playoff game first halves he has ever taken part in. GB and SF look on a completely different level than Dallas. Detroit could improve even more next season. There could be some other potential NFC squads on the rise next season or in the next couple. This season was the best chance to get just to the CCG and the team got destroyed. The team is supposed to be a contender now, but performs like an annual pretender. SF beating the team that just demolished the Cowboys show just how far away the Cowboys are.
We are a second tier nfc team.
And it's not even close.
One and done incoming next year.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
No, I wouldn't feel better.

This team's window is fully closed and the focus right now should be to start rebuilding but the Joneses have a pipe dream to sell. The saddest part is plenty of suckers will buy it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, it would be progress considering we have not been to a NFCCG in 28 years.
That I would feel good about. But coming one game from the Super Bowl and losing to the niners would have been a bitter pill to swallow. So I don’t know what would be worse. Both kind of suck. At least we wouldn’t hear about the 28 year streak of not making the championship game. That’d be nice.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That I would feel good about. But coming one game from the Super Bowl and losing to the niners would have been a bitter pill to swallow. So I don’t know what would be worse. Both kind of suck. At least we wouldn’t hear about the 28 year streak of not making the championship game. That’d be nice.
Truth!

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
The Cowboys will not make the playoffs next season, not without a major change in the structure of football operations, coaching staff, and major changes to focus on stopping the run and being able to run at will, and adding at least one more reliable receiver.

In 29+ years I haven’t seen it, and I doubt it starts now. I can see another mid-season implosion leading to Quinn’s appointment as interim HC. Maybe I’m just super down after seeing tons of people at the official Cowboys fan shop today.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Yes

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I mean at least it'd be progress. Would I feel much better about losing probably not but getting to an NFC championship is something we haven't done in a while it would feel nice possibly.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The Cowboys will not make the playoffs next season, not without a major change in the structure of football operations, coaching staff, and major changes to focus on stopping the run and being able to run at will, and adding at least one more reliable receiver.

In 29+ years I haven’t seen it, and I doubt it starts now. I can see another mid-season implosion leading to Quinn’s appointment as interim HC. Maybe I’m just super down after seeing tons of people at the official Cowboys fan shop today.
I doubt they miss the playoffs. Top 14 teams make it. It’s not that hard to make the playoffs anymore. They are a solid tier two team-nothing more or less.