Would you feel better if Dallas got blown out in the NFCCG?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would have been against SF in SF. I know lots of the media and people here were ready to claim progress was being made if only the Cowboys could get drilled by SF in the NFCCG.

I contend that it would just show the arrow was still pointing sideways from the club. Only a victory vs the SF club that had beaten Dallas three straight times could show true progress from other recent seasons.

It’s also funny to see SF back in the NFCCG because some people seem to believe that recent history cannot predict the future. Nothing is perfect, but recent past results and performance are the best predictors of future performance. I think that is why some want to always look to the future, since the past remind them of the accuracy of my last sentence.

The issues facing Dallas are likely insurmountable. Dak has looked poor in most playoff game first halves he has ever taken part in. GB and SF look on a completely different level than Dallas. Detroit could improve even more next season. There could be some other potential NFC squads on the rise next season or in the next couple. This season was the best chance to get just to the CCG and the team got destroyed. The team is supposed to be a contender now, but performs like an annual pretender. SF beating the team that just demolished the Cowboys show just how far away the Cowboys are.
556d4b40-88c2-4b27-9426-d7f7070df69f_text.gif

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Even with the loss GB season endend in a high note, even with Love's mistake, Dallas ended in an embarrasment, the place or the game don't matter that much, but the way you played.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I would rather make it to the CTG and lose badly than not make it there at all. I'm tired of being a member of an ever shrinking pool of teams that can't even get there in the 21st century.

starfan1

Reaction score
I guess for a young fan who has never been a part of the nfcg fanfare I understand getting there and losing as progress

I think we are quite far but you just never know a break here or there and things are different

I myself I just enjoy each week for what it is and that’s entertainment. I love this team and have for years

SB is a preference not a requirement for my fandom but if that’s the goal and nothing short of it is acceptable then why would going to San Fran and getting pasted be any better?

If it’s SB or bust everything about that is worse. It’s losing to San Fran again plus you pick 4 or 5 spots lower in draft

It’s on to next year and I’m already looking at how we draft. Then I can find something else to be upset about

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Without question it would make me feel better considering we just got blown out in wild card weekend. I’d prefer the allusion of being one game away from the Super Bowl much more than our current reality

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Yes even if it was 42 10. We would be getting over a 28 year hump and It would have given us two more games to get excited for.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Finally reaching the Champ game after 28 years would have been progress regardless the result .

If nothing else one of the monkeys and talking points would have ended.

Doesn’t mean it would have felt any better. But you can’t kick down the door until you get to it.

DStar22

Reaction score
It would have been against SF in SF. I know lots of the media and people here were ready to claim progress was being made if only the Cowboys could get drilled by SF in the NFCCG.

I contend that it would just show the arrow was still pointing sideways from the club. Only a victory vs the SF club that had beaten Dallas three straight times could show true progress from other recent seasons.

It’s also funny to see SF back in the NFCCG because some people seem to believe that recent history cannot predict the future. Nothing is perfect, but recent past results and performance are the best predictors of future performance. I think that is why some want to always look to the future, since the past remind them of the accuracy of my last sentence.

The issues facing Dallas are likely insurmountable. Dak has looked poor in most playoff game first halves he has ever taken part in. GB and SF look on a completely different level than Dallas. Detroit could improve even more next season. There could be some other potential NFC squads on the rise next season or in the next couple. This season was the best chance to get just to the CCG and the team got destroyed. The team is supposed to be a contender now, but performs like an annual pretender. SF beating the team that just demolished the Cowboys show just how far away the Cowboys are.
yes , I would because it would mean they had showed up and beaten 2 other playoff teams in proper playoff intensity fashion, thus only being a step from the prize.

it would show actual growth.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I guess for a young fan who has never been a part of the nfcg fanfare I understand getting there and losing as progress

I think we are quite far but you just never know a break here or there and things are different

I myself I just enjoy each week for what it is and that’s entertainment. I love this team and have for years

SB is a preference not a requirement for my fandom but if that’s the goal and nothing short of it is acceptable then why would going to San Fran and getting pasted be any better?

If it’s SB or bust everything about that is worse. It’s losing to San Fran again plus you pick 4 or 5 spots lower in draft

It’s on to next year and I’m already looking at how we draft. Then I can find something else to be upset about
I think for a bunch of our fans, including myself-we look at the trends and trajectory of the squad. The mind can see and predict the future without permission, and without guarantee. My mind does an absurd number of computations, and comes up with how probable something might be with what I am seeing happen on game day. You combine that with historical trends and performance of not just your favored club, but many others and give yourself a probability of something happening. If it does not yield an answer you like, you do not have to ignore it because it does not make you unhappy to think that your favored club has very little chance of success compared to other clubs. It makes you believe that the team could stand to make moves that improve your perceived set of odds.

Other fans deal in faith and belief structure like their fandom is their religion. They feel like their faith is healthy, and puts them in a good mood because it costs nothing to put faith into something that they use as entertainment. There is a small or large letdown depending on how much emotion they invest into their faith (if the season ends as a disappointment to them). Then they start again after the season as a complete separate entity.

For me, it’s a continuous experience. My experience is a totality of experience, not a season to season thing. I don’t toss good or bad experiences out of my mind-like tossing out negative experiences as a way to cope and not confront a thought. I spent less time actually watching the games than ever before this season because the team did not show me much difference to the previous 2 seasons. I of course would tune into the game(s) in the postseason, to enjoy game day with friends and family and hopefully see the team move forward. My doubts about the team’s performance capabilities do not matter much to me-they are just there in the background.

After the season, the computations are still ongoing and I think rationally and logically about the team’s chances moving forward. If I do not see a trend that I want to see, it does not mean I dump the thought. I might turn more attention to something else based on my interest level though which has happened more and more over the past 3 decades.

starfan1

Reaction score
I think for a bunch of our fans, including myself-we look at the trends and trajectory of the squad. The mind can see and predict the future without permission, and without guarantee. My mind does an absurd number of computations, and comes up with how probable something might be with what I am seeing happen on game day. You combine that with historical trends and performance of not just your favored club, but many others and give yourself a probability of something happening. If it does not yield an answer you like, you do not have to ignore it because it does not make you unhappy to think that your favored club has very little chance of success compared to other clubs. It makes you believe that the team could stand to make moves that improve your perceived set of odds.

Other fans deal in faith and belief structure like their fandom is their religion. They feel like their faith is healthy, and puts them in a good mood because it costs nothing to put faith into something that they use as entertainment. There is a small or large letdown depending on how much emotion they invest into their faith (if the season ends as a disappointment to them). Then they start again after the season as a complete separate entity.

For me, it’s a continuous experience. My experience is a totality of experience, not a season to season thing. I don’t toss good or bad experiences out of my mind-like tossing out negative experiences as a way to cope and not confront a thought. I spent less time actually watching the games than ever before this season because the team did not show me much difference to the previous 2 seasons. I of course would tune into the game(s) in the postseason, to enjoy game day with friends and family and hopefully see the team move forward. My doubts about the team’s performance capabilities do not matter much to me-they are just there in the background.

After the season, the computations are still ongoing and I think rationally and logically about the team’s chances moving forward. If I do not see a trend that I want to see, it does not mean I dump the thought. I might turn more attention to something else based on my interest level though which has happened more and more over the past 3 decades.
We are all certainly a diverse fanbase I agree .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I highly doubt we make the playoffs next year. Not after that quit job.
Oh , it will be all sunshine and rainbows next pre season.
We will win around 10 games and play a wildcard game.
Then ; THUD ! We will crap the bed once again.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Making-the-playoffs-nowadays-is-not-a-big-deal.
Dak-was-not-good-enough-to-drag-a-good-offence-by-the-scruff-of-the-neck-and-play-catch-up-with-GB.
That-unsettles-the-team,and-the-coaching.
We-need-a-new-QB.
This-year-was-the-test-of-steel-for-Dak,it-didn't-materialize.
He-is-not-dangerous-or-feared-when-he-has-the-ball.
Sadly-this-has-been-proven-to-date,he-can-bring-us-no-further.

Mark

Reaction score
Let's win a divisional game first, before getting all crazy talking about getting blown-out in a conference championship game.