Would you give up 2 1st Round Picks...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
No.............................

A 1st and a 3rd if we ran a 3-4 would still be pricey but more doable.

A trade like that would cripple this franchise for 5+ years.....

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I wouldnt give up 2 firsts, but a guy like watt or donald added to dallas would make a pretty large difference. If you dont think one of those guys would get dallas over the hump...good talk.

FA exists for guys like VMiller. You want, you get him for top dollar. Just like Suh last year.

First round picks are even more valuable now with the rookie caps.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
LOL no I wouldn't..........but there is someone up the chain of command that is that foolish.

bb721

Reaction score
No. Don't forget that in addition to losing two 1st round picks you'll also have to sign him to a contract worth somewhere in the vicinity of $100 million.

Craig

Reaction score
There is a difference between being one of the worst teams in the league and knocking on the door orbarely making the playoffs. In houston, that is called jj watt. Again, i wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for anyone, but if you think that a player isnt a difference maker because their team doesnt make the playoffs, youre simply wrong.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You guys see how successful Houston's been with Watt? Needs elite talent around him, in the mold of a Carolina or Denver, something we don't have

I see Watt being very successful even while drawing 2 or 3 guys on a play. He is the elite talent that others need, not the other way around.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
There is a difference between being one of the worst teams in the league and knocking on the door orbarely making the playoffs. In houston, that is called jj watt. Again, i wouldnt give up 2 first rounders for anyone, but if you think that a player isnt a difference maker because their team doesnt make the playoffs, youre simply wrong.

You are simple. If they were that much of a difference maker their team would be making the playoffs. The Texans made the playoffs because Luck was injured and that division is terrible. Watt isn't carrying a team anywhere, history has shown that.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I just read that the exclusive Franchise Tag for VMiller this year will only be a little higher than the non-exclusive tag. Something like 14m vs 13.9m. DEN would get 2 first round picks if someone signed him under the non-exclusive tag.

It will be interesting to see if DEN would use the exclusive tag and forgo the chance of getting two number ones. If I was a team like SEA or ARI with a late 1st I would think of claiming VMiller and paying the 2 firsts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For Von Miller??? I am sure he will be franchised.

I know we did it with Joey Galloway,and that blew up in our face, but a DE like that I think would be worth it!

No, great player but the cost of 2 #1's rds I think would have a negative impact for a long time.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No, great player but the cost of 2 #1's rds I think would have a negative impact for a long time.

It depends on if you hit on the draft picks and where in the first you pick.

VMiller>>>> TFred and Claiborne

VMiller<<<<<Dez and TSmith

VMiller====== BJones and ZMartin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It depends on if you hit on the draft picks and where in the first you pick.

VMiller>>>> TFred and Claiborne

VMiller<<<<<Dez and TSmith

VMiller====== BJones and ZMartin

Just speaking for myself I would not give up 2 1st rd picks to get Miller. More times than not these trade never live up to what was given. I like and Respect Von Miller but not giving up picks for him.

garyv

Reaction score
Just speaking for myself I would not give up 2 1st rd picks to get Miller. More times than not these trade never live up to what was given. I like and Respect Von Miller but not giving up picks for him.

Yes I would but in saying this.......would Marrinelli use him the way Wade Phillips did at Denver ?
Marinelli does not like Blitzing which I am starting to HATE HATE and HATE !!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good approach, but I'd be wary of two straight seasons without a first round pick.