Would you give up a 1st for Hurts?

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Or what if Philly offered Hurts for Dak straight up?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hurts was not even an elite prospect in college. This is why he left Bama. Good dude, winning attitude but limited skillset. He was the 4th most talented of the last 4 OU QBs.
He was mature and had an NFL ready body but his skillset is not worthy of more than a R3 or R4 pick.

His passer rating was 21st and his passing yardage total was lesser than off the street Heineke.
He does add a lot of rushing threat and yardage but he's at best middle of the road as a starting QB.

Majic

Reaction score
Just to reiterate, I am not saying I would give up a first round pick for Hurts. What I am saying is that I could see the Eagles going after Watson (and possibly Wilson) and will be prepared to part ways with Hurts. A conditional 1st could well be the asking price in my opinion.

Majic

Reaction score
Jo Banner now thinks Eagles could move for Watson with Hurts in other direction (valued as a first round pick)

Per Banner:

'The Eagles’ effusiveness and the degree of their enthusiasm about Hurts at the Combine indicates they’re trying to prepare for him being traded to maximize his value. If they can get Watson for Hurts, a first this year, and a first next year, it could go down as one of the best trades in NFL history. They’d be getting a top 5 to top 7 QB for $34M APY. If he were up for an extension right now, he’d get at least $45-47M. I can’t think of an example of a player of this caliber being traded.;

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Atlanta
Carolina
Cleveland
Denver
Detroit
Houston
Miami
New Orleans
New York Giants
Pittsburgh
Washington

That's a market.

The rest I would probably rule out unless they move on from their starting QB e.g. Vikings.

The Saints won't pay Winston

Take Carolina off of that list. They gave up a 2nd, 4th, and 6th for Sam Darnold. They are contemplating giving up 3 1st rounders for Watson right now. In the 2022 draft, they only have a 1st rnd pick. Their only pick in the top 100. After messing up on Darnold, I don't see them giving a 1st rnd pick for Hurts. Pittsburg too, they just signed Trubisky(sp?). Wilson in Denver. Wince, yeah "wince" with the Commanders. I don't see Cleveland, Detroit, New Orleans or the Giants doing that either. That leaves Houston or Miami.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hurts is basically Lamar Jackson 2.0 as far as I can tell. Exciting to watch and great for fantasy but a middling at best real-life QB who's really a runningback who can throw.
sort of throw.

kskboys

Reaction score
Crazy. I'd throw a 5th at Hurts for a backup.

Do the people who come up w/ these values even watch football?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles look to shop him in the off season and may find a taker as Howie Roseman is very good at extracting premium picks for his players. Would then have quite a stash of picks to make a trade. I believe Roseman was very high on Wilson once but I suspect he realises he is now a declining player.
Hell no !

DFWJC

Reaction score
This forum can be so bizaare.
One minute we get a thread asking if wed sign Baker as a backup, then we get this
:lmao::facepalm:

Majic

Reaction score
This forum can be so bizaare.
One minute we get a thread asking if wed sign Baker as a backup, then we get this
:lmao::facepalm:
There is bizarre and then there is reality. All indications are Roseman was trying to shop Hurts for a 1st. I'm not surprised there wasn't any takers

kskboys

Reaction score
Jo Banner now thinks Eagles could move for Watson with Hurts in other direction (valued as a first round pick)

Per Banner:

'The Eagles’ effusiveness and the degree of their enthusiasm about Hurts at the Combine indicates they’re trying to prepare for him being traded to maximize his value. If they can get Watson for Hurts, a first this year, and a first next year, it could go down as one of the best trades in NFL history. They’d be getting a top 5 to top 7 QB for $34M APY. If he were up for an extension right now, he’d get at least $45-47M. I can’t think of an example of a player of this caliber being traded.;
The caliber of Hurts? Yeah, he's right, hard to trade someone of the low caliber of Hurts!!!

Batman1980

Reaction score
The caliber of Hurts? Yeah, he's right, hard to trade someone of the low caliber of Hurts!!!

Watson should be untradeable, though. Between that contract and his legal issues, not to mention his long lay-off and his dismal play-off record.