Would you give up the house for Myles Garrett?

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
I'm talking our 1st & 2nd this year, & 1st in 2018 & 2019 to get Myles Garrett. With Irving coming on like a beast, & question marks surrounding both Lawrence & Gregory, we need a HOF quality player at the speed rushing RDE position. The Browns would ask a small ransom to drop that low. Would the cost be too high?

If we make that trade...

Remote ---------------> Television

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This reminds me of when the Eagles asked the NFL how far in advance they can trade there first round picks to move up to get Mariotta

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm talking our 1st & 2nd this year, & 1st in 2018 & 2019 to get Myles Garrett. With Irving coming on like a beast, & question marks surrounding both Lawrence & Gregory, we need a HOF quality player at the speed rushing RDE position. The Browns would ask a small ransom to drop that low. Would the cost be too high?
"our 1st & 2nd this year, & 1st in 2018 & 2019"

That would be
2017: 1st and 2nd
2018: 1st
2019: 1st

No possibly way that would make sense.

Somebody could have asked the same about Clowney when he came out. Would that have been worth it?

You can put that much into 1 player.

joseephuss

Reaction score
"our 1st & 2nd this year, & 1st in 2018 & 2019"

That would be
2017: 1st and 2nd
2018: 1st
2019: 1st

No possibly way that would make sense.

Somebody could have asked the same about Clowney when he came out. Would that have been worth it?

You can put that much into 1 player.

I agree. I can't imagine even the best player in NFL history being worth that much because it takes away opportunities to build a team around that one person you are drafting. If things go well you get a good player, but you have to be smart in other rounds to get guys to play alongside him. If things go poorly, you have really limited yourself in future drafts. And I like Garrett. I think he will do well in the NFL.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I'd do Romo + our first, but of course Romo isn't going to the Browns so it won't happen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would trade the Cowboys 1st and Romo to move up to that spot. ;)

Reaction score
I would trade the Cowboys 1st and Romo to move up to that spot. ;)
The Browns have been known to do stupid things in the past, but they just don't want a 37 year old QB, & would need a basket full of picks to trade down from 1 to 32. Myles Garrettt, I believe, will be a ten time Pro Bowl player, & may someday wear a golden jacket. I know that's saying a lot, but he reminds me of a bigger version of D-Ware when he came out of college. He doesn't quite have the bend of Ware, but he is a game changer-beast, for sure.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Browns have been known to do stupid things in the past, but they just don't want a 37 year old QB, & would need a basket full of picks to trade down from 1 to 32. Myles Garrettt, I believe, will be a ten time Pro Bowl player, & may someday wear a golden jacket. I know that's saying a lot, but he reminds me of a bigger version of D-Ware when he came out of college. He doesn't quite have the bend of Ware, but he is a game changer-beast, for sure.
Clowney was more hyped than Garrett so you never really know.

Cleveland would have to be Morons to do that deal (Romo + #32)...

visionary

Reaction score

I've seen some crazy threads on this board but this one is right up there

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
If Cleveland does indeed draft Garrett I wonder if they would take our #1 (32) for Ogbah. I know we really liked him and the browns wouldn't really need him any longer. Don't think they would want their early second round pick as a career backup when they could get a pick back on him.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
I'd swap firsts and give our 2nd round this year and give a first next year for him.

That's it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Forget about it.

Anyways the Cowboys are doing too good in the draft lately to want to give up everything for 1 guy.