http://i201.***BLOCKED***/albums/aa102/lollygrass/smhalloates.jpg

But, I can't go for that, no can do
No, I can't go for that, no can do
Oh, I can't go for that, no can do
I can't go for that, can't go for that

:laugh2:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Nah...I am all for drafting o-lineman, but not with the first three picks. If the team believes in Brewster, than I would spend a high pick on a tackle and another mid-rounder on a center/guard.

Randy White

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;3251707 said:
Nah...I am all for drafting o-lineman, but not with the first three picks. If the team believes in Brewster, than I would spend a high pick on a tackle and another mid-rounder on a center/guard.

There's PLENTY of room for those guys, including Brewster.

Brewster is projected to play anywhere from either guard positions to RT. Right about now the only two long term ( meaning 2 - 3 years from now ) that I see on our offensive line are Gurode and Biggs, and Gurode is not exactly a great one.

Not that it's going to happen, but the Cowboys could easily spend the 3 highest picks in the next 2 drafts on O-line help alone and they wouldn't be wasting any of them. The numbers would justify it. There are 10 spots on the roster reserved for O-line every year:

We have 1 prospect ready to play right now ( Free ), we have one developing ( Brewster ).

We have 5 starting O-linemen over 30 years of age, two of them ( Flo and Kozier ) who could be, and should be, replaced this minute, 1 ( Columbo ) who would need to be replaced perhaps as soon as 2 years down the line, 1 ( Gurode ) right after him if not WITH him, and 1 ( Biggs ) right after that.

That's it, unless you think Holland, Proctor, or McQuistan have any long term value.

3 years in the NFL goes by very quickly and you better be prepared for when your top players need to be replaced.

dmoore

Reaction score
I guess I just don't see the point in it. I could see drafting a LT and G/C early, but I don't see why we would need another lineman. Sure we're going to need one down the road, but why not worry about that when the time comes? We need to draft BPA and get guys that are going to put us over the top.

burmafrd

Reaction score
As a Iowa Alum the Hawks are my second favorite team and Bulaga did not really impress me all that much. Like Pouncy since he is versatile.

Need to upgrade Kosier as the increasingly bigger DTs we are facing eat his lunch. Not too worried about the other two interior guys since interior O linemen can play well into their 30's. We DO need to draft at least one Tackle high this year.