Would You Hate This Mock

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like him a ton. One of the funnest players to watch in the draft. Would love in as a Cowboy, and with his Arkansas connection it could theoretically happen.

Maybe a good comp for the kid is Luke Kuechly. (Luke was both bigger and faster than Sean Lee) Size and 40 times are nearly identical. :oops:

(suspect we invest more in offense)
It’s hard to find a good comp for him bc he used to play DE and is so natural rushing the passer off the edge.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
What I like with your picks:
-Sanders at 58--that kid can mash. Another Sean Lee?
-Brents would be good value at 90. Nice backup addition. You can never have enough corners.

Don't like:
-Jalin Hyatt starts it off on the wrong track. He's a completely raw, unproven guy who looks incapable of hard cuts. It's just a bad, bad, bad WR class after the first two. Unless you want little slot guys. Hyatt is fast... played in a productive, but gimmicky offense. Ran like four routes.
-Don't think there's value in your sixth pick. Kirkland wouldn't make the roster, IMO. We've got four certainly better, and Josh Ball might squeeze him out of a 5th ranking.

Sweet spots in this draft are:
-Tight ends, which you didn't leverage.
-Edge--sad as we Cowboys are loaded there
-Running backs, but you might need to go a little higher to find the juice.

In the big picture, it's not a great draft class. You gotta know where the honey is.
I'm actually warming up to this WR class. They're just smaller, in genera, but there are some decent players at WR, I think.

I'm starting to like Hyatt more and more. I think he and Johnston are probably the best WRs.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Not a fan.

Unless Hyatt was clearly the best player on the board at that pick, I can't justify a WR in the first. Unless there is an injury at WR, pretty much any WR taken at 24 is going to be the 4th WR and end up on the field for less than 200 snaps. Seems like bad ROI. Plus, it's unlikely the Cowboys move on from any of the Top 3 WRs in 2024. Lamb (unless there is some long range plan to just not pay him) will be back. Gallup's recent restructure guarantees he will be back. And Cooks is on the books for only a $10 million cap hit and would only save $4 million if cut, so he's likely back.
My thinking is he gets a year to develop behind Gallup, and will likely get some playing time. And then we're prepared for life without Gallup.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I did another mock today.. I won't let myself do more than 2. But today I came up with this one when Bijan and Richardson both fell.

After Bijan fell, so did Avila and LaPorta.. so I snatched them. I would actually love my second draft.. I just go back and forth about whether you spend a first on a RB in round 1. But I wouldn't hate it if they got a player like Avila round 2.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say here…but I’m not going to turn this into a pro / anti Dak thread so let’s stay on topic.

Speed l helps our offense and QB…we haven’t had a deep threat since forever.
Speed helps, but it's not the main reason for the disconnect between Dak and receivers, it's more attuned to the inability of receivers to catch less than perfect passes.

Your vote, for a speedy WR has certainly been cast. ;)