Would you have traded Romo

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Would you trade the 5th highest rated quarterback of all time for Felix Jones and Anthony Spencer?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboy_ron;4189450 said:
For what the Raiders gave up for Palmer?

Nope. There is a reason Raiders gave up so much, franchise QBs, especially in the modern pass era, do not grow on trees. And Palmer is on downside of his career, Romo is still on the upswing. Romo is in his 30's but he has less wear and tear.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Has it been that long since Tony Banks, Anthony Wright, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Drew Henson, Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, Clint Stoerner, and Ryan Leaf, and probably half a dozen others that my memory has mercifully disposed of, that people are willing to consider giving up on Romo who is, regardless of whatever the morons at ESPN say, an elite quarterback?

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4189463 said:
**** no. Romo is a top 5 proven QB. Who knows if those picks will be busts or not.

Romo top 5? Again, hell no. Top 10 I'll give you but sorry he ain't top 5.

Wimbo

Reaction score
No. Here's why:

Troy Aikman... then:
Anthony Wright
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Chad Hutchinson
Vinny Testeverde (at 78 years old)
Drew Henson
Drew Bledsoe (at 58 years old)
And finally, we lucked into Tony Romo.

Finding a starting caliber QB in the NFL is hard business. There are too many Akili Smith's, Vince Young's, Cade McNown's, Jamarcus Russell's, Matt Leinert's, J.P. Losman's, Andre Ware's, Joey Harrington's, Tim Couch's, and David Carr's out there that LOOK like they are the next great thing only to be terrible NFL QB's.

When you find one that can play, you keep him. Romo can play.

Reaction score
StarMan;4189465 said:
Romo top 5? Again, hell no. Top 10 I'll give you but sorry he ain't top 5.

Who's better for sure?

Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers that's it. Rivers hasnt done anymore than Romo. Vick is a one year fluke.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
If this was Week 14 and the season continued on this disappointing path (and assuming you could trade at that point in the season), I would have to consider it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Wimbo;4189469 said:
No. Here's why:

Troy Aikman... then:
Anthony Wright
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Henson

Finding a starting caliber QB in the NFL is hard business. There are too many Akili Smith's, Vince Young's, Cade McNown's, Jamarcus Russell's, Matt Leinert's, J.P. Losman's, Andre Ware's, Joey Harrington's, Tim Couch's, and David Carr's out there that LOOK like they are the next great thing only to be terrible NFL QB's.

No more need be said.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wimbo;4189469 said:
No. Here's why:

Troy Aikman... then:
Anthony Wright
Quincy Carter
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Henson

We didn't luck into Tony Romo. Thank Parcells.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4189471 said:
Who's better for sure?

Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers that's it. Rivers hasnt done anymore than Romo. Vick is a one year fluke.

Rivers has done more than Romo by taking his team deep into the playoffs.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
Two firsts or a first and second. Absolutely.

We aren't ever going to win a SB with Romo and probably won't ever even get close. But having two #1 picks next year plus probably a #1 and 2 #2's the following year would allow us to get one of the top QB prospects and possibly even the ammo to move up for Luck.

And yes I remember the years of Stoerner, Wright, Leaf, Banks, Testaverde, Hutchinson, Bledsoe, Quincy. The most effort Jerry put into the search to replace Aikman was reaching for Quincy in the 2nd round. All of the others were gambles on longshots or aging stopgap vets. So it shouldn't be any surprise we never found a decent QB out of that bunch.

But maybe if we actually tried finding a legit QB, like in the first round, we would have more success. And next year there are at least 3 solid first round prospects and a few others that should go in the early rounds. I'd try to draft one of them and sign a stopgap vet and make a go of it. Don't think it'd take much to go 9-7 or 8-8 which is likely what we'll do even with Romo.

juck

Reaction score
For 2 firsts? Hell Yes. I would use them to get Luck. The best QB to be drafted since ages ago. A true top shelf Brady,Manning class QB.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Everybody saying trade up for luck is just assuming that whoever ends up with the first overall pick will be willing to trade. I don't know that I want to be the teams future on that.