Would you pick up Matt Bryant for short yardage?

aikemirv

Reaction score
This year, not really better than Maher when you consider the extra point missed but 20-21 last year. The year before he was 77% from 30-39 yards as well.

Maher makes me nervous and it removes some depth to have 2 kickers.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yes. I probably would bring him in for a look.

I could be wrong but I feel like Bryant makes me less nervous with the game on the line than Maher.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I would swear Bryant's agent is on this board. Dude didn't have a job and then he found a job and he was miserable.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
2 kickers??? Why?

How about Bryant for everything? Maher is at 71% this year. That puts him near the bottom. He was near the bottom last year too. He sucks and will cost them another big game this season.

ehwqkbmg

Reaction score
Honestly as weird as it is having two kickers taking roster spots, it might be worth it. Maher over 50 yards and Bryant under 50 yards.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Since Garrett routinely plays to get field goals, he should move to make sure every drive stalls at a point where Maher has kicks of 60 yards or more. Dude is darn near perfect from that distance.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
This year, not really better than Maher when you consider the extra point missed but 20-21 last year. The year before he was 77% from 30-39 yards as well.

Nugent and Bryant are now available. I am just not sure those guys are upgrades. Earlier in their career yes, but now, not so sure.

starfan1

Reaction score

Who do you dump

aikemirv

Reaction score
Nugent and Bryant are now available. I am just not sure those guys are upgrades. Earlier in their career yes, but now, not so sure.
Yeah me neither. I can't watch Maher but the first time Bryant missed you would be second guessing the decision.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Garrett routinely plays to get field goals, he should move to make sure every drive stalls at a point where Maher has kicks of 60 yards or more. Dude is darn near perfect from that distance.

The Cowboys are 6th in the NFL in scoring, and ties with 5 teams for 13th in FG attempts. Obviously they aren't playing to get FGs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Called this thread the minute Bryant's release came up. :laugh:

Over-the-hill familiar name gets cut after making 64% of his kicks - "let's bring him in for a look!"

HungryLion

Reaction score
Kinda correct. Beuhler was only doing kickoffs when Bailey was kicking FG's.

I’m pretty sure it was before the rule changes too. When the large majority of kickoffs didn’t result in a touchback.