Would you proceed with Dalton or call the Chargers about a 3rd for Tyrod?

Sydla

Reaction score
Dalton is the better passer. Stick with Dalton.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton is here for this specific purpose so there's no need of another QB unless he gets injured.

Prescott will be back and in line to return to QB1 unless Dalton lights it up and creates a QB controversy. Trading for Taylor would send the wrong signal because he does not want to be a backup. The Chargers team doc wanted him to be a backup.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should go get TYROD .....IMMEDIATELY.

carried a would be 0-16 bills team to the playoffs
He carried a team that was 7-9 the year before to 9-7 and one and done in the playoffs in a game in which he played extremely bad.

Brax

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tyrod Taylor? Do you think he’s better than Dalton and if so - how do you think he compares to Dak? I live in Virginia and he played for Virginia Tech and I thought he was pretty good when he was there but I haven’t really seen him play much after he turned pro.
Dallas Cowboys Att Cmp Yds YPA TD Int Lg Sack Loss Rate
Dak Prescott 21 14 166 7.9 0 1 26 1 7 70.7
Andy Dalton 11 9 111 10.1 0 0 38 1 5 108.7
Don't see any drop off with Dalton yesterday not sure why you would want to spend $$$ or Draft capital on anyone else. The question becomes if Dalton plays and leads the team deep into the play offs does Dallas sign him at a team friendly rate. Remember Dak got his job the same way. Is Dak worth 10-20 million more a year if the results are the same, that we will all see by years end.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tyrod Taylor? Do you think he’s better than Dalton and if so - how do you think he compares to Dak? I live in Virginia and he played for Virginia Tech and I thought he was pretty good when he was there but I haven’t really seen him play much after he turned pro.
are you kidding me Tyrod not half the player Dalton is ..TT is a run oriented qb would have to change the offense just to fit him in and if you look at Herbert you realize why Tyrod's sitting.. TT as backup maybe but not as starter..AD will show you why hes an NFL qb tat can rad defense hit the right guys etc

will he be perfect, no but nether was dak or this offense as we lead the league in TOS with dak..

so everyione AD makes mistake, i will remind this Zone how many fumbles and INts dak had the first 5 games..got it?

calm down people AD is our Foles he will help keep the offense on track..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't see any drop off with Dalton yesterday not sure why you would want to spend $$$ or Draft capital on anyone else. The question becomes if Dalton plays and leads the team deep into the play offs does Dallas sign him at a team friendly rate. Remember Dak got his job the same way. Is Dak worth 10-20 million more a year if the results are the same, that we will all see by years end.
as much as i agree coming in like AD did no time to think is one thing but starting the first full game with a Game plan and team knows you are starting is another, the first few games with AD will show us what hes going to be..

KM will be big part of this as i want a bigger dose of Zeke and Pollard to help the defense and in turn keep AD from having to play captain comeback...

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Exactly.

Something good is going to come from this dumpster fire of a team.

Hey, it ain't goin anywhere this season so we might as well lick our wounds, accept that high draft positioning and reset for 2021.
This approach would line right up with the rest of how 2020 has gone. Got my vote.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dalton, leading a team deep into playoffs? what gives you that confidence. specially on a team like dallas with an all time worst defense......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger is receiving praise for having Dalton on the payroll, you think he's going QB shopping?

Creeper

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys refuse to sign top tier free agents to fill holes in their roster, draft picks are more valuable to them than to other teams with a different philosophy. So,no, I would not trade away a 3rd round draft pick for a 3rd string QB when the defense needs a major overhaul. Dalton will be good enough, and if he gets hurt then It has to be DiNucci who plays, it's just not the Cowboys year. Throwing picks and money at this season after 2 QBs go down would be foolish at that point. No team is prepared to play their 3rd string QB and contend for a title.

Besides, where is this team going with this defense?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dalton, leading a team deep into playoffs? what gives you that confidence. specially on a team like dallas with an all time worst defense......
Don't confuse wishful thinking for confidence. I would be ecstatic if Dalton can just go 6-5 and get us to 8-8 which will probably win the division then is able to somehow win a couple of playoff games. But unless the defense turns it up at least two notches that aint hapnin. It's certainly possible that the defense COULD be playing playoff caliber by the end of the season but I gotta see it to believe it. I'm sure Dalton will be "okay" piloting the offense but folks need to chill on the "he's going to be better than Dak" talk. No, he 's not. He's going to be different and if the rest of the team picks it up he can win games.. but this team will ask less of him than it asked of Dak. The passing game will be shorter, quicker throws and I seriously doubt they ever ask Dalton to throw it 57 times. At least I hope they don't.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't confuse wishful thinking for confidence. I would be ecstatic if Dalton can just go 6-5 and get us to 8-8 which will probably win the division then is able to somehow win a couple of playoff games. But unless the defense turns it up at least two notches that aint hapnin. It's certainly possible that the defense COULD be playing playoff caliber by the end of the season but I gotta see it to believe it. I'm sure Dalton will be "okay" piloting the offense but folks need to chill on the "he's going to be better than Dak" talk. No, he 's not. He's going to be different and if the rest of the team picks it up he can win games.. but this team will ask less of him than it asked of Dak. The passing game will be shorter, quicker throws and I seriously doubt they ever ask Dalton to throw it 57 times. At least I hope they don't.
That's what's going to be interesting. The shorter quicker throws, and running the ball more. That alone will make our D a tad better.