Would you proceed with Dalton or call the Chargers about a 3rd for Tyrod?

lostar2009

Reaction score
I'll consider him for depth but not to start over Andy, maybe for a late round pick 2 years from now.

SSoup

Reaction score
A 3rd rounder for Taylor? Ha ha, no.

That kind of move only makes sense in a universe where we're a juggernaut of a team and have absolute useless trash at QB. Like, if we were 5-0 and had Cooper Rush thrust into the starting lineup now instead of Dalton, sure, you make a dumb desperate move for a veteran QB to hopefully salvage the promising season the rest of the AMAZING roster has the potential for. That's not our current situation.

A 3rd rounder should give us several years of good contributions. Not a measly 3 months trying to make good on the promise of an already losing team.

I'm not trying to give away what should be the next Michael Gallup or Anthony Hitchens or Tyler Biadasz for a rental of a guy like this.

He's not even an upgrade over Dalton. So, at that point, what are we even talking about? Making sure we're equipped to handle the next QB injury? If Dalton is lost, I'm fine with writing off the season rather than pissing away a 3rd rounder.

Brax

Reaction score
as much as i agree coming in like AD did no time to think is one thing but starting the first full game with a Game plan and team knows you are starting is another, the first few games with AD will show us what hes going to be..

KM will be big part of this as i want a bigger dose of Zeke and Pollard to help the defense and in turn keep AD from having to play captain comeback...
You are correct, how the season unfolds should be interesting and I would think practicing with first team should actually help. Hate to see this play out this way but how many times have we seen this in the league as well as in Dallas. At least everyone should see if Dak is that difference maker or not.

Brax

Reaction score
Dalton, leading a team deep into playoffs? what gives you that confidence. specially on a team like dallas with an all time worst defense......
I did not say he will, I said, "The question becomes if Dalton plays and leads the team deep.....". I mean honestly even just making the play offs isn't a drop off. Lets see where it ends and what shakes out, it's about the Cowboys not about 1 player and stats as some seem to think. For all we know the team may do a disappearing act we can only wait and see.

Brax

Reaction score
Just OK? I kinda thought he was incredible all things considered. Teams dream of getting that game winning field goal with their starting QB let alone the back up.
Fair and balanced is not big on this site.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just OK? I kinda thought he was incredible all things considered. Teams dream of getting that game winning field goal with their starting QB let alone the back up.
I wouldn't say incredible, but he was good.

JayFord

Reaction score
Is Taylor available? Like can he play because last i heard he had a punctured lung

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What do you guys think of Tyrod Taylor? Do you think he’s better than Dalton and if so - how do you think he compares to Dak? I live in Virginia and he played for Virginia Tech and I thought he was pretty good when he was there but I haven’t really seen him play much after he turned pro.

I'd stick with Dalton for sure. Taylor has been around forever, keeps getting chances to start and can't keep the job, Andy took Cincy teams with Marvin Lewis as the coach to 5 playoff appearances. I like Taylor, good kid, but I'll stand pat.

visionary

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Tyrod Taylor? Do you think he’s better than Dalton and if so - how do you think he compares to Dak? I live in Virginia and he played for Virginia Tech and I thought he was pretty good when he was there but I haven’t really seen him play much after he turned pro.

I’m not giving the Chargers anything less than my first rd pick for Tyrod

if they want a 2 or 3 I’m not doing the deal

they get my first or they get nothing

nothing I tell you

BTW, what is the limit on number of crazy threads you can start in a calendar year because I’m sure the OP is past that limit

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Roll with Dalton, DiNucci backing him up. If Dalton gets hurt (God forbid), then you sign the best free agent QB you can get.

conner01

Reaction score
With what is projected with the cap those picks, even later picks become so much more valuable
Dalton is a good backup QB and should be able to move the ball with our receivers
If you want to do the most important thing possible to help this offense then fix the defense
Asking your offense to score 30 plus just to have a chance of winning is a bigger problem than the difference in dalton or another backup