would you put it past Jerry to take Cam Newton

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I keep hearing 'Why not draft Cam? We drafted Bryant!'

1. Dez has no criminal record. He's terrible with money and lied to the NCAA, but he's not out stealing laptops like Mr. Newton and being charged with a felony.

2. Dez was at #24, this pick will be at #9. They are first rounders either way, but you can't miss in the top ten.

3. Why pay a guy #9 money to hold a clipboard when you can draft a developmental one later for less money? Like him or not, Romo is your starter for at least four more years.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3903604 said:
I think he slides to Washington at 10

would you want him the face of your frachise - not me - Danny Snyder does not care

I doubt if Riveria does either - I have Carolina - taking Dareuos or PP

1 Carolina - Dareous
2 Denver - Petersen
3 Buffalo – Gabbert
4 Bengals – Green
5 Cardinals – Quinn
6 Browns – J Jones
7 49ers – Prince
8 Tenn – Fairly
9 Dallas – Trade Down - Tyron Smith
10 Skins – Newton
Yes, I know. This must be at least the 8th time you've told me this. I look forward to the next few times you feel the need to tell me who you think people will take.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
SilverStarCowboy;3903615 said:
Over the years there havn't been many examples to support your commedy.

No matter how you slice the gravy the pro game is still about pocket presence and decision making over athleticism and elusiveness.

The two are not mutually exclusive. A guy like Steve Young had outstanding pocket presence and was amazingly athletic. You can cite Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell as examples of failures -- however you don't have to look far to see pocket passers taken in the first few picks that failed as well

burmafrd

Reaction score
I would like to think one Quincy Carter type will last Jerruh a lifetime.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Shrevedude1;3903609 said:
It wouldn't be bad to see Dallas take Cam Newton, but I'm reasonably certain Carolina will take him.
Gabbert is better than Newton. Better arm, better accuracy, better at reading defenses, almost as good of an athlete...and a better person.
They should take Gabbert.