Would you rank Dallas a top 5 defense?

quickccc

Reaction score
Top 5 maybe yes after vs Brady and Burrows ... but far Room for improvement as i believe we've allowed past 4 teams to run for 100 yards .

Run defense is still our achilles heel.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The pass defense is the real deal. We have both talent and depth for weeks. The run D is a little shaky.

Ren

Reaction score
best defense i can remember us having in a long time i can't name 5 that's better right now

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Top 5? Top 3? Allowing 15.5 points per game. Not too shabby. Who's better?

I'm just enjoying holding four teams under 20 points. It's been a long time. I think where they belong among other defenses this year and even all-time defenses is TBD.

jay94

Reaction score
Let's play a few good offenses, before we grade this. The Giants and Commanders, are half of our schedule so far.

bdk76

Reaction score
They’re bottom 5 against the run through 4 weeks. After the Niners big boyed them last year in the playoffs, that’s still a big concern.

This right here, and I'm more concerned with the play of LVE and Barr than our DT's.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I agree with waiting until after the eagles game to see where they are. That will be a better sample size of bad teams and good teams. but at this point, you have to be encouraged with how they are looking. Micah has elevated others along the line, and the DBs are looking good. Diggs, Wilson, Bland in particular. I don't care what others think, LVE and Barr need to be upgraded. What has Cox done to not get playing time on D, at least he can run and tackle.

starfan1

Reaction score
every one of the teams we have played thus far have some sort of OLine issues. We have a decent rotation going right now but I am concerned about stopping the run. We have been gashed there only to have penalties help our case. I think we may get after the QB top 5.

anyone else look at Micah and how hes moving lately and have some concern? he looks a tad beat up and its early

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The newspaper this morning said we are averaging giving up 17 points a game and NFL Football database ranks us as 8th overall best defense.

We must also take into consideration the offenses we played. NY and Wash are ranked 22nd and 23rd overall. Tampa and Cinn are ranked below average in the 16th -20th range .

While we should be excited it looks like we finally have a Top 10 caliber defense we should wait and see how we fare against the more prolific scoring offenses.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?lg=NFL&yr=2022&type=reg&cat=T&group=O&conf=

Fmart322

Reaction score
I like to wait until after the 6th game before making judgments in the NFL. Especially since the preseason doesn't have starters play in games now.
You really don't know what is going on without a body of work behind them.
I will say that the Cowboys defense is looking fantastic so far. I would say top 7 at this point. I can't really rank them yet but they are one of the better units in the league so far.