Would you rank Dallas a top 5 defense?

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
As of this very moment I would say top three. And we seem to be getting better each game. However it’s still a long season and we have to stay healthy.

what I predict is gonna let this team down is playing around at the quarterback position because we definitely have a quarterback controversy now. Dak Is going to be put back in there whether any of us like it or not and he’s gonna take a while to get back into the rhythm of the game.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The run defense is once again a weak spot. We are giving up over 5 a carry. Thats not good. Fournette had his way with us. We just haven't played a team with a good OL/rb combo since.
Yesterday was particularly sad b/c Washington sports the oldest and probably worst interior OL in the league they still gashed us. But, you can't be perfect.

kskboys

Reaction score
The run defense is once again a weak spot. We are giving up over 5 a carry. Thats not good. Fournette had his way with us. We just haven't played a team with a good OL/rb combo since.
Giants didn't focus on the run and Wentz is just bad.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Giants didn't focus on the run and Wentz is just bad.

And yet, the skids still hit us for over 5.0 a carry with oldest interior line in the league. Tra Thomas was washed up 2 years ago for gods sake.

kskboys

Reaction score
And yet, the skids still hit us for over 5.0 a carry with oldest interior line in the league. Tra Thomas was washed up 2 years ago for gods sake.
Unfortunately, Jerry evaluates the DT position as many on here do, if you don't see them they must be good. We should've been the ones paying DJ Reader instead of McCoy/Poe/Haha.

We cannot be a top 5 D w/ the current DT's. Doesn't work that way.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
It’s not just yards per rush, yards per throw, points per game, it’s the ebb and flow of the game itself. And this defense can create serious messes for an offense…We get the big sacks when it’s critical. We’re getting the turnovers. The big plays. We bend a little from time to time but we don’t seem to break. And we’re consistently getting pressure rushing just four guys. This defense will win a few games for us on their own this season.

The Natural

Reaction score
Yesterday was particularly sad b/c Washington sports the oldest and probably worst interior OL in the league they still gashed us. But, you can't be perfect.
I agree. I dont even think we are bad at DT per se but LB play hasn't been great in run support + DE not setting edge

kskboys

Reaction score
How did Tuna put it? Don't break out the anointing oil just yet!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree. I dont even think we are bad at DT per se but LB play hasn't been great in run support.
We are weak at DT. Very little penetration/pocket collapsing. Good DT's are more than traffic cones.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
In the end it will be the #1 defense in the league, maybe #2

Rankings don't tell the whole story. A fluky game here & there skew the numbers one way or the other.

They are good & young. They have lot of room to get better as a unit. I mean Kearse is a heck of a player to add back in. Young interior players are still figuring it out but showing growth. If Diggs can play like yesterday, you are shutting down one of their top options. I'll take where we are now over anything in recent memory.

The Natural

Reaction score
We are weak at DT. Very little penetration/pocket collapsing. Good DT's are more than traffic cones.
I disagree. I dont look at the rotation and think to myself “this is a weak *** group of tackles”. LBs not filling holes is the bigger concern to me.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’d stick my neck out right now and say top 5, but I think the Rams and Eagles will help us more definitely see where we are

giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree. I dont look at the rotation and think to myself “this is a weak *** group of tackles”. LBs not filling holes is the bigger concern to me.
If our DT's are just traffic cones, and they mostly are, then the DT's are by far the biggest concern.

Seriously, do you guys watch other teams? Disruptive DT's completely change your D. Rams and Bengals don't even make the super bowl w/o superior DT play. Change out their DT's w/ ours, and they might not have made the playoffs.