Twitter: Would you sign Baker Mayfield as a backup if he accepts role and is cheap?

Flamma

Reaction score
would be an interesting trade…

3 more seasons of Dak. He’s UFA/no tag after 2024.

next year we have to look for a QB.

why not go early?

I'm going to give you some sobering info. No chance Dak is gone in 2024, or after 2024. He's getting another contract restructure next year. This isn't even debatable. It's a done deal. Then a contract extension after 2023. So we're stuck with Dak for quite some time. Lets hope he steps it up. I'm not a fan BTW.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
…. Definitely sounds like he thinks the Browns will go with Watson. There was a time when he was much more promising, and I have a hard time holding last year against him with all those injuries. Get some competition in there for Dak! Even Aikman was challenged up until the Super Bowl win.

his goal is to get to Indy, because they are QB needy. I don't think he is at a point in his career he wants to be a back up

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Mayfield is not accepting a backup role. He'll emerge as a starter someplace else if this all happens with Watson and he's allowed to depart.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
…. Definitely sounds like he thinks the Browns will go with Watson. There was a time when he was much more promising, and I have a hard time holding last year against him with all those injuries. Get some competition in there for Dak! Even Aikman was challenged up until the Super Bowl win.

Watson has a no trade clause, so he has to be on board with it. Does anyone think Cleveland is his preferred destination?

As for Mayfield, I'll pass. We'll have Oklahoma fan boys declaring the Cowboys SB champs.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Mayfield is not accepting a backup role. He'll emerge as a starter someplace else if this all happens with Watson and he's allowed to depart.
Where? He may not accept a backup role but what has he done that proves he deserves to be a starter?

Motorola

Reaction score

If Cleveland jettisons Mayfield - he will be looking for a starting gig in the league.
Dallas is not an option for him.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only if we hire a legit QB coach, which we need anyway

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the Browns problem is part on the OC. I don't recall them ever having a pass attempt less than 15 yards. Can't win like that.
Put Baker in a check down normal offense, for when needed, he could be better.

jnday

Reaction score
There’s fools here who wouldn’t mind him as our starter. :laugh:
He has led the Browns to the same number of Super Bowls as Dak has led the Cowboys to and he is much, much cheaper.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he going to willingly fall to a backup role with many teams still needing a #1?

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Cheap? Good luck with that. There are plenty of teams who still need a starting qb….mine possibly being one of them. Sorry, but you aren’t getting him for 2 M…..nice thought though.

k

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why wouldn't you if those 2 things are true? but its more likely he finds a starting gig somewhere.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
His life’s mission is to be the best thrower at a backyard bbq. Not getting hit by guys twice his size