Twitter: Would you sign Baker Mayfield as a backup if he accepts role and is cheap?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
…. Definitely sounds like he thinks the Browns will go with Watson. There was a time when he was much more promising, and I have a hard time holding last year against him with all those injuries. Get some competition in there for Dak! Even Aikman was challenged up until the Super Bowl win.

Would I mind? No. Would Mayfield? Probably.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually trust Cooper Rush to play more within the system and execute the game plan more I would Baker.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As a back up? Sure, he'd be a decent back up. Comparing him to Prescott is just silly.

offlimits

Reaction score
…. Definitely sounds like he thinks the Browns will go with Watson. There was a time when he was much more promising, and I have a hard time holding last year against him with all those injuries. Get some competition in there for Dak! Even Aikman was challenged up until the Super Bowl win.

Good! At least an end to those stupid commercials with his wife!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Carson Wentz is still having starting opportunities and Mitch Trubisky is going to get an opportunity with Pittsburgh someone will give Mayfield a starting job. Carolina and Houston will certainly be interested. Miami might want him to come in and compete with Tua. With Ryan gone Atlanta needs a QB. Having him here in Dallas as the backup would just create chants for Mayfield from the Dak haters every time Dak has an off game.

Nexx

Reaction score
man as mediocre as Dak is, Baker is just horrible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
man as mediocre as Dak is, Baker is just horrible.

Almost 4500 yards passing along with a franchise record 37 TDs and a career high 68.8 completion percentage and you’re calling Dak mediocre? He also tied a franchise record with 5 TD passes in a game. We had the number one offense in the league last season. Yes he didn’t play very well the second half of the season but he’s not a mediocre QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mayfield will be starting in either Carolina, Houston or Atlanta next season. Some other teams could pop up but he’ll be starting somewhere. Too many teams need QBs. Washington maybe regretting their decision to trade 3 draft picks for Carson Wentz. They may have gotten Mayfield cheaper or without even having to give up a draft pick if he’s released.

CWR

Reaction score
I'd absolutely sign him, but he's not accepting a backup roll. I'd sign him, and if Dak struggled, I'd put Baker in. That said, he's not better than Dak, and Dak would rise to the occasion if he had to compete with Baker. Competition is a good thing, though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Baker will get another shot as a starter where ever he ends up. My guess would be Seattle

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is going to be the starter in Cleveland, at least until Watson is done serving his suspension. I’d guess Goodell will give him 12 games which might get reduced to the 8-10 range.