Twitter: Would you sign Robert Griffin (RG3) as Dak's back-up?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'd rather he start for the Stealers. Could do worse, I guess. Time to go with someone younger with growth potential. I don't think McCarthy prefers a backup QB he can groom for a starting role or maybe trade for some value after developing.

Shane612

Reaction score
Mine Shanahan, and Commanders ruined his career.
He now only a shell of who he was at Baylor.
To bad. I thought he'd be another Warren Moon....with better legs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He's already earned a bad rep with Washington as someone not exactly team friendly.

I'd much rather opt for Trubisky than RG3. Either that or a rookie QB from the draft. ;)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trubisky isn't about to be a backup is he? I thought he was about to get paid?

There's speculation he's about to be relegated as a backup by the Bears. If he's willing to accept that designation by the Cowboys, I wouldn't mind. ;)

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Although I like having a vet backup, I don't think you get the opportunity to get a good one every year like we did with Dalton. I'd probably just ride with the guys we've got and maybe bring in a UDFA to compete for that third/developmental spot. Of course, if the guys we've got look bad in the preseason, that would change things.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Oh I must be out of the loop on them lol...so is the plan to draft a guy? I heard ramblings about Watson but I didn't think that was really serious.

There's speculation running rampant lately but nobody knows for sure yet. A promising rookie for us wouldn't be so bad, either. ;)

Dreski

Reaction score
Dinucci and Gilbert each played one game. The over-the-top conclusions drawn about both of them crack me up.
I think DiNucci needs to change up the way he throws. The way he side arms throws doesn’t look like it’ll work In the NFL. But I’m no expert. Maybe he lights the world up one day

JayFord

Reaction score
Yes

he has starter experience and can make a play or two but if he has to start then his passing is iffy

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Griffin looked absolutely horrible when he filled in for Jackson.. Granted it was a Texas kid playing at Pittsburgh on the road in a night game (read frozen tundra) but it was so bad it was hard to watch. Gilbert looked better against the Steelers than he did. I don't know what happened to him but it's clear he will never be a functional NFL QB again.. So for me it's a hard pass.