Would you take 3 years of Rodgers or 4 of Dak?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I just knew reading the title , this thread would deliver... I was not disappointed.

kevm3

Reaction score
Rodgers is better than Dak and is arguably the best qb in the league, but there's zero chance he'd want to come here. Why would he want to be on a McCarthy team PLUS the Jones boys circus?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Rodgers is better than Dak and is arguably the best qb in the league, but there's zero chance he'd want to come here. Why would he want to be on a McCarthy team PLUS the Jones boys circus?

Why would McCarthy want Rodgers on his team? When McCarthy was in GB, Rodgers was an arrogant pita.

plymkr

Reaction score
Just curious and I’m a dak supporter but taking a pulse of the fan base here say Rodgers was a free agent and could be had for 3 years vs dak at 4-5 with less guaranteed- who would u take
What's the contract looking like for both players. That greatly effects my answer. For instance Rodgers at 30 million for 3 years gives us a better salary cap and a better 3 year window. Dak is younger and gives us a better future. So if the contract is equal then I go with Dak. If Rodgers comes cheaper then I go with Aaron cuz that would give us flexibility to improve the roster.

So what are the terms of the contracts?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just curious and I’m a dak supporter but taking a pulse of the fan base here say Rodgers was a free agent and could be had for 3 years vs dak at 4-5 with less guaranteed- who would u take

Rodgers was just All Pro and is clearly HOF. 16 of the last 20 SBs were won with a HOF QB, and that's not counting Eli.

ghst187

Reaction score
This is like saying would you rather have a Viper for 3 years or a mustang/vette/challenger/charger/prius for 4...(I kid about the prius)

more like Lambo vs Mercedes (or Ford if you like Dak less). Either way you slice it Rodgers, while a bit too of a jerk, is still one of the top most elite QBs in the league. He’s better than everyone except Mahomes and that could be debatable after that SB game.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You take Rodgers. He can do far more with less talent on offense and has proven that. Give him a good defense and he will get you into the playoffs and win your a title. I’m not even an Aaron Rodgers fan.
I agree, dont know if any jerry jones team will ever get to much less win a SB, but with Rodgers they would have a much better chance.

catiii

Reaction score
ANYBODY BUT DAK> They don't have superbowls for passing stats - only wins. Stats Prescott had his 5 year chance - time to go Dak...see ya.........

plymkr

Reaction score
ANYBODY BUT DAK> They don't have superbowls for passing stats - only wins. Stats Prescott had his 5 year chance - time to go Dak...see ya.........
Ssoooo, you would let Dak walk for Trubisky? If any QB besides Dak is what you want then we're looking at Cam Newton, Trubisky, Sam Darnold.

I can understand not thinking Dak is elite but there are worse QBs out there and we would be sucking sewage water with those other QBs.

plymkr

Reaction score
Depends on what QB we get *after* Rodgers.
True, do we look at the draft in 3 years after Rodgers or go FA? But your point in valid. What happens after Rodgers, cuz with 4 years of Dak there's a much better chance he stays in Dallas for the bulk of his career.

starcity214

Reaction score
which one comes with a top 5 defense?

At 40M per year? Neither one.

Blows my mind how some can't understand that there is a hard salary cap in the NFL..

As it stands , we will have 60 to 70% of our salary allocated to the offensive side of the ball..

Guys like Zeke, Dak, Amari, and the O line are among the leagues highest paid players.. And you think that you can build a top 5 defense with JAGS? Ok..

After we "pay the man!" Do you honestly think our defense will magically become a top unit in the league with scrub players? Even if you draft good players, they need at least 2 years to grow and by that time Dak will demand an even bigger contract.
Rinse and repeat..

But i guess we got our scapegoat for the next 4 years ready.

starcity214

Reaction score
Ssoooo, you would let Dak walk for Trubisky? If any QB besides Dak is what you want then we're looking at Cam Newton, Trubisky, Sam Darnold.

I can understand not thinking Dak is elite but there are worse QBs out there and we would be sucking sewage water with those other QBs.

You're only getting Sam Darnold and not the rest of the mess he had with the Jets

Put Darnold with this team or any other team with weapons and he would be legit.

Having said that I would not sign Darnold or any other "good" QB to the deals we have seen recently.

I think the days of paying average QBS are over after what happened to Goff and Wentz. Teams have realized how stupid it is to pay for potential.
When a generational QB is made to look like a bum in the SB by a superior team, it makes you think if its even worth it now a days to pay 35M or mire for one single player..

Heck, even Russell wilson hasn't sniffed a SB after his pay day.