Would you take Earl Thomas at #27?

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is a beast. He'll be better than Berry.

Mayock is overrated.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
IF McCoy is there at 27, we should take him. I don't see how he could be though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3285758 said:
IF McCoy is there at 27, we should take him. I don't see how he could be though.
:huh: The Oklahoma McCoy or the Texas McCoy? Both seem unlikely--with the Sooner going in the top 3-5 picks and the Longhorn going in Rd2 or even Rd3.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
DFWJC;3285767 said:
:huh: The Oklahoma McCoy or the Texas McCoy? Both seem unlikely--with the Sooner going in the top 3-5 picks and the Longhorn going in Rd2 or even Rd3.

Per the OP, Colt McCoy.

rst, early second round pick. It's thomas' size

- Kiper just said sergio kindle has mid first-round draft grade.

- Kiper is projecting jordan shipley as third to fourth rounder.

- He thinks Colt McCoy — rated the No. 3 quarterback on his own draft board, behind Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen — will be a second rounder, but said the Horns quarterback could drop to as low as the fourth round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;3284483 said:
Actually, its been proven year after year that Kiper has been outperformed at his job by almost all of his peers with similar job responsibilities. He's a hero to ESPN slaves, but IMO, he is not much better than many of the hardcore football fans out there. He simply has more access....yet fails to do much with it.

I think he does a good job scouting 2nd day prospects. He doesn't seem to do too well at the top of the draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;3284596 said:
Kind of like how Kiper liked Chris Johnson a lot and Mayock said he was only a straight line runner who was not tough enough and could not play except on 3rd downs? :D I know, I know, they all miss plenty of times...but Mayock really beat up on CJ pre-draft.

Mayock is dead-on about secondary players. Being a former safety.

Eskimo

Reaction score
You always have to jump at a potential Pro Bowler at a spot of need. If need be, this is the sort of situation you may try and trade up with an extra pick which we unfortunately don't have.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Eskimo;3285827 said:
You always have to jump at a potential Pro Bowler at a spot of need. If need be, this is the sort of situation you may try and trade up with an extra pick which we unfortunately don't have.

But we do have Marion Barber and Tashard Choice :cunning:

Eskimo

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3286033 said:
I don't take a Saftey at 27

JMO

I take OL at 27 tho

It depends on who is on the board and how they grade out. I do agree that OL is a bigger need.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;3286084 said:
It depends on who is on the board and how they grade out. I do agree that OL is a bigger need.

I don't think Thomas will be within our reach

an Allen - Burnett - are 2 rders IMO

I just as soon pick one up in later

say either

Major Wright, FS, Florida
Robert Johnson, FS, Utah