Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million?

Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million

• Teddy

• Dak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak won the exact same type of game vs NO in 2018 (against Brees no less!) — only difference was we were at home. Guess that must mean Dak > Brees using the same logic as those touting Bridgewater in this thread?

NO is a tough place to play... Their D made life miserable on our offense in exactly the same way our D made life miserable against Brees in 2018. Happens from time to time in the NFL lol
I'm not saying Bridgewater is as good as Dak. I'm saying that the money we'd save could get us enough good players to make up the difference.
I'll admit though, that without seeing this team with Big Mac at HC yet, we may be in for a big enough improvement that the guys we have are plenty.
It's just a hypothetical question to ponder. If JJ left the decisions to me, or anyone else on this forum, this team would be in big trouble.

Proof

Reaction score
I’d not want teddy b at that price in a vacuum, independent of the Dak scenario.

as stated though Dak all day. Not particularly thrilled about the money but he’s far better than teddy

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Teddy. Teddy and Dak are essentially the same QB. They’re average. Both do great when all the pieces around them are elite/great, but falter as soon as one piece is taken away from them. I’m taking Teddy at a cheaper price. That way, we can put pieces around him without worrying about the cap and other contracts. I’ve been saying this for a while: Dak is a glorified backup. He fits the line among QB’s like Bridgewater and Alex Smith, who are both currently backups. I don’t want to hear the “5000 yards BS stat” because it means absolutely nothing. 5000 yards got us to 8-8.

LLLOOOLLL, 2 of my 4 horsemen strikes.

Nav22

Reaction score
W-w-what’s wrong, you JOKE?

I thought that you were SO SURE that Dak SURELY wouldn’t be getting paid? You’ve been spewing that stupidity for MONTHS now!

What happened!?!?!? I’ll tell you what happened.

Even an imbecile as lowly as you are finally figured out that Dak’s getting paid... and you're shook.

You lose, bum. Dak wins. Because losers lose and winners win.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

vnick

Reaction score
If I'm the Cowboys and not sold on Dak as the QB going forward at the rate QB's make, I would franchise him and then target a QB in trade or draft. I wouldn't lock myself long term to a lesser QB just because he's cheap when one of those might be able to be found in the draft or via trade.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will Bridgewater be available? He stayed put last season and Brees is up now.

That's a question I would pose to my HC and OC and take their lean on that. I see them as very close but the HC has specific needs in mind for his O.

Just as I would seek his counsel on whether to tag Prescott or give him a deal. I've got this HC for at least 3 years but closer to 5, I want him to have his guy. He seems to be all in on Prescott but that was in the interview process.

And another thing with this brain trust, tell me how that extra 10M is going to be used. Just because they've got extra doesn't mean it's going to good use.

CB61

Reaction score
I know some of y’all are laughing because of who made this thread but if you put the bias aside and look at the numbers it may make some sense.

Let’s say Teddy at 20-23mil doesn’t quite get up to Daks numbers but is serviceable, but able to use the rest of that money to beef up the rest of the team.

OR

Pay 35mil and practically keep the same team and actually losing some players with Dak keeping his level of play from last year.

It is something to consider and I’ll probably get flamed but it does make a little sense if put your bias away.
I would tend to agree with you but I would say it's pretty much set in stone per Jerry Jones that Prescott will be the quarterback of the Cowboys for the foreseeable future unless an injury or other disaster strikes