Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million?

Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million

• Teddy

• Dak

Results are only viewable after voting.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The same trolls that constantly bash Dak would bash Teddy if he were here so what difference would it make?
I think many of them would start making excuses for the QB position again. Dropped passes, protection break downs, penalties and bad defense would be valid complaints for why the team didn’t win. Missing open receivers, throwing an interception, fumbling while getting sacked would be explained away by “no player is perfect, they all make mistakes”.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think many of them would start making excuses for the QB position again. Dropped passes, protection break downs, penalties and bad defense would be valid complaints for why the team didn’t win. Missing open receivers, throwing an interception, fumbling while getting sacked would be explained away by “no player is perfect, they all make mistakes”.

The main issue with Dak is the cost for MOST people that people label "haters".

Nobody here thinks Teddy Bridgewater is a great QB, he's a decent QB that would come relatively cheap in comparison. I mean, seriously, we're going to pay a middling QB 35+ million for 9-7, 10-6, and 8-8 seasons when we don't have the most dominant o-line and RB in the league?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neither. I'll tank and draft Lawrence next year.
Then I would suggest re-watching that LSU game with tight NFL type coverage on his WR's. I like him too but that transition from college coverage to NFL coverage is what separates the men from the boys.

Tanking with a first year coach hasn't been done since Jimmy Johnson.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Then I would suggest re-watching that LSU game with tight NFL type coverage on his WR's. I like him too but that transition from college coverage to NFL coverage is what separates the men from the boys.

Tanking with a first year coach hasn't been done since Jimmy Johnson.

You don't think Lawrence faced that last year in the championship...which he won?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think that Dak is better than Teddy but I think we could also make the playoffs with Teddy. An extra 10 million would give us one really nice player to go along with him. For me, adding a single starting lineman isn’t enough to offset the gap between Teddy and Dak

That being said, I think the league may have seen the best of Teddy and I’m not certain there is room for much more improvement. What we’ve seen is likely what we would get if we signed him

While Dak has a ridiculous year statistically I think there is still has a lot of room for improvement, particularly when it comes to decision-making, technique and understanding coverages. These are all aspects of his game that can benefit from experience and *coaching*. I expect Dak to continue to improve now that we have so many fresh eyes around him.

He will never be Dan Marino but I think he can certainly elevate enough aspects of his game to move up to the “very good” level and once he gets there he has the demeanor, consistency and drive to maintain that level for many years. You can win Super Bowls with a QB like that.

Speaking of consistency, one thing that is rarely acknowledged by the Dak detractors is his consistency in role and his durability.

Dak has started 64 consecutive regular season games. That’s four consecutive seasons without a missed game. He has never missed a game. Let that sink in.

21 - The number of seasons a Cowboy QB started every game

8 - The number of Cowboy QBs to start every game in a season

5 - The number of Cowboy QB’s to do it more than once

3 - The number of QB’s to do it in consecutive seasons

1 - The number of QBs to do it in three consecutive seasons

1 - The number of QBs to do it in four consecutive seasons

Morton
1972 - 14

Roger
1973 - 14
1974 - 14
1976 - 14
1977 - 14
1979 - 16

Danny
1980 - 16
1983 - 16

Troy
1992 - 16
1995 - 16
1997 - 16

Quincy
2003 - 16

Bledsoe
2005 - 16

Romo
2007 - 16
2009 - 16
2011 - 16
2012 - 16

Dak
2016 - 16
2017 - 16
2018 - 16
2019 - 16

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
Would you take Teddy Bridgewater at under 25 million Or Take Dak for over 35 million

QXlySHO.jpg

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The main issue with Dak is the cost for MOST people that people label "haters".

Nobody here thinks Teddy Bridgewater is a great QB, he's a decent QB that would come relatively cheap in comparison. I mean, seriously, we're going to pay a middling QB 35+ million for 9-7, 10-6, and 8-8 seasons when we don't have the most dominant o-line and RB in the league?
The cost is definitely a factor. I will scrutinize Dak much more when he starts making mega bucks.

That said, Dak has been raked over the coals for 4 years while only being pay $4.027 million total. He was an absolute bargain, maybe the best bargain in the entire league over this time period. That hating, even when we won and Dak played well, had absolutely nothing to do with cost.

817Gill

Reaction score
I’d tag Dak and draft someone. Several potential prospects in first round.
None of which will be available at 17. Jake Fromm/Jordan Love/Jacob Eason would be our choices and that’s a crapshoot at best

817Gill

Reaction score
I know some of y’all are laughing because of who made this thread but if you put the bias aside and look at the numbers it may make some sense.

Let’s say Teddy at 20-23mil doesn’t quite get up to Daks numbers but is serviceable, but able to use the rest of that money to beef up the rest of the team.

OR

Pay 35mil and practically keep the same team and actually losing some players with Dak keeping his level of play from last year.

It is something to consider and I’ll probably get flamed but it does make a little sense if put your bias away.
I don’t think y’all understand how much cap we have. The Cowboys can retain anyone they want and still acquire more players. This team is not cap strapped. We won’t lose anyone we don’t want to lose, and we will also sign guys as well. This team could very well be more talented than last years.

The issue isn’t the cap room, it’s just making sure all the right decisions are made.