Would you take this trade offer for Dak?

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Hypothetically...Say the Dolphins are on the clock at #5 in the up coming draft. Dak isn't signed yet and the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak. Would you take it? I am not saying it will happen it's just a "what if" question. For me it would have to depend on who is on the board and if McCarthy thinks he can make something out of Rosen. Again, hypothetical question, I doubt anything like this would ever happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hypothetically...Say the Dolphins are on the clock at #5 in the up coming draft. Dak isn't signed yet and the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak. Would you take it? I am not saying it will happen it's just a "what if" question. For me it would have to depend on who is on the board and if McCarthy thinks he can make something out of Rosen. Again, hypothetical question, I doubt anything like this would ever happen.
What does josh Rosen have to do with any of this?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I take it you mean "isn't signed to a long-term deal yet" because in order to trade him, he would at least have to sign the franchise tender.

If he has signed a tender, then the answer to the question is...almost in a heartbeat. First you at least try to ask for a little more, it they pass, then you take the deal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hypothetically...Say the Dolphins are on the clock at #5 in the up coming draft. Dak isn't signed yet and the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak. Would you take it?

Yes.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Only if tua or a highly prized qb is still on the board. Even then I’m thinking I probably wouldn’t do it.

visionary

Reaction score
Lol, I can only presume this is a joke

I’ll take it in a heartbeat and take Tua and cut Rosen

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the Dolphins call and offer the #5 pick and Josh Rosen for Dak.
Rosen was drafted #10. Then traded for a 2nd and 5th. Now Rosen and the 5th pick for Dak?

It all comes down to what the Cowboys value Rosen. They would have to determine which QB they think has a more promising future.

If they think it's Rosen, it's a no brainer trade. You do the deal.

If it's Dak, then you have to determine if you stay with Dak or trade for a lesser QB and hope you can do something with the 5th pick while keeping in mind you need to find a starting QB with more upside than Dak.

Interesting proposal. Considering how highly the Cowboys think of Dak, I don't think they would make this deal.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The biggest obstacle is why on earth would the Dolphins do this deal? Take a QB with way higher upside than Dak and a cheap 5 years of control. I would assume this was a creative robo caller.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Rosen was drafted #10. Then traded for a 2nd and 5th. Now Rosen and the 5th pick for Dak?

It all comes down to what the Cowboys value Rosen. They would have to determine which QB they think has a more promising future.

If they think it's Rosen, it's a no brainer trade. You do the deal.

If it's Dak, then you have to determine if you stay with Dak or trade for a lesser QB and hope you can do something with the 5th pick while keeping in mind you need to find a starting QB with more upside than Dak.

Interesting proposal. Considering how highly the Cowboys think of Dak, I don't think they would make this deal.
I doubt the Fins would consider it but not a whole lot to chat about these days...

DHCBF66

Reaction score
The biggest obstacle is why on earth would the Dolphins do this deal? Take a QB with way higher upside than Dak and a cheap 5 years of control. I would assume this was a creative robo caller.
So you missed the "hypothetical" thing did ya? It's just chat, not sure why people have to be so negative!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
So you missed the "hypothetical" thing did ya? It's just chat, not sure why people have to be so negative!
There has to be some basis for reality in these things. You want to make these "hypothetical" situations ones where you truly have to stop and think. No one has to think on this one... Jerry and Stephen would help Dak pack.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
There has to be some basis for reality in these things. You want to make these "hypothetical" situations ones where you truly have to stop and think. No one has to think on this one... Jerry and Stephen would help Dak pack.
Maybe because they’d rather have a proven upper echelon (top 10-12) QB over a who knows injury prone prospect? They’ve had plenty of top picks and still haven’t found a QB so why is it far fetch for them to think hey why don’t we just trade for a QB we already know is good rather than continue down this path of not having a legitimate QB for let’s say 10 years now.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yes but the Dolphins will not make that trade if Tua is on the board.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Since it's hypothetical. If I'm Dallas, I'd counter offer and ask for
Ryan Fitzpatrick instead.

Also, if Miami called, it would mean they are convinced Dak will be
their guy, so, they would also offer a 4th or 5th rounder and possibly
a 2021 pick as well.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Maybe because they’d rather have a proven upper echelon (top 10-12) QB over a who knows injury prone prospect? They’ve had plenty of top picks and still haven’t found a QB so why is it far fetch for them to think hey why don’t we just trade for a QB we already know is good rather than continue down this path of not having a legitimate QB for let’s say 10 years now.
Because trading for Dak does not bring along all of the All-Pros that he needs to be even a mediocre QB... it just brings him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm all for trading the guy, but I'd want multiple picks for him, and Miami has them. Forget Rosen because at that point you have already signed your next starting QB.

Also, while I realize the hypothetical nature, a deal like this wouldn't be done while on the clock.

Theres far too much at stake to be pulled off within a ten minute window.

But to answer the question....no, Prescott has more value than pick #5 (assuming Burrow and Young are gone) and Rosen.