Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams?

kskboys

Reaction score
defintely.the odds of us drafting a player with similar talent in early RD 2 is zero.

2nd round picks: Chris Jones, Jonathon Hankins, Jarron Reed, Joseph Linval, Carlos Dunlap, Derek Wolfe, Calais Campbell, Jordan Phillips, Kawann Short, Eddie Goldman, Dalvin Tomlinson. Jurrell Casey 3rd. Geno Atkins 5th.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes he is going to win games for us by himself.

They are cutting their losses by trading him.

He hasn't played well. Period.

A good DT would help solve a lot of problems we have and I wouldn't chance it. We need the best possible pick in every round just to maybe find the right 3-4 starters in this draft.

Gaede

Reaction score
I'd make that trade, I think, but that's just based on name recognition. I don't know if he's actually played to his status.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, because our 2nd round pick could easily be around 35.
I think you have to ask yourself, are you going to be able to get someone as talented as Williams around 35. I'd guess that is probably a no, so if you can get him for a 2nd, you pull the trigger. Start building the D right now.

Trade Griffen for 4th
Trade Worley for 6th
Trade Poe for a 5th or 6th - hope they haven't watch tape this year

Trade Nolan for a bottle of Tabasco

reddyuta

Reaction score
2nd round picks: Chris Jones, Jonathon Hankins, Jarron Reed, Joseph Linval, Carlos Dunlap, Derek Wolfe, Calais Campbell, Jordan Phillips, Kawann Short, Eddie Goldman, Dalvin Tomlinson. Jurrell Casey 3rd. Geno Atkins 5th.

Swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and a miss.

you miss read my comment.quinnen williams was drafted 3rd overall because of his talent.if draft guys thought the guys you mentioned were going to be that good they would have been drafted in the 1st RD,draft happens based on skill projection.i also dont like our scouting of Dline talent in recent years.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don’t watch the Jets so I have no clue if this guy can play.

Trades we should’ve made..

Minkah Fitzpatrick last year...

Not only does Pittsburgh get Minkah they also get Chase Claypool who is a high upside wideout.

Imagine how much different this season would be if we resign Byron and had Fitzpatrick.

The thing is, it wouldn’t

We’d be better in the secondary obviously, but the o-line would still be a wreck. And Fitzpatrick would cost us CeeDee, which may not be a bad thing, but it also costs us two years of cost controlled play.

And given the direction of this season, that’s a big deal. If we were competing now, without Fitzpatrick, sure. He may be what puts us over the top, but at least with hindsight, we had no business trading a first for him

fivetwos

Reaction score
A good DT would help solve a lot of problems we have and I wouldn't chance it. We need the best possible pick in every round just to maybe find the right 3-4 starters in this draft.
I dont disagree w your line of thinking.

I disagree that Williams is that guy.

He hasnt played well. People seem to want to ignore that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont disagree w your line of thinking.

I disagree that Williams is that guy.

He hasnt played well. People seem to want to ignore that.

not gonna lie i haven't watched a snap of jets football. He seemed good last year and he's still young.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Can he play offensive tackle?

There are just too many holes in both OLine and issues on defense. One guy is not going to fix any of it.

They're better off hanging on to draft picks and using them or trading down and loading up on depth

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think you have to ask yourself, are you going to be able to get someone as talented as Williams around 35. I'd guess that is probably a no, so if you can get him for a 2nd, you pull the trigger. Start building the D right now.

Trade Griffen for 4th
Trade Worley for 6th
Trade Poe for a 5th or 6th - hope they haven't watch tape this year

Trade Nolan for a bottle of Tabasco

Hard to say but considering the CAP situation it would be hard for me to make that deal.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
With how this FO drafts defensive linemen, hell yes.