Would you trade a 2nd round pick for Quinnen Williams?

Landryhat73

Reaction score
This trade wouldn’t help this year but he is better then anything you would find in the 2nd round of the draft for next year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes i'd trade him for a 2nd pick....my only issue is he's too good we might accidently win a game and drop our draft standing. If we can make a deal to trade in the offseason that would be better.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 1st and Prescott.

If they refuse then cut out the poison pill and offer a 2nd for him straight up.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yes i'd trade him for a 2nd pick....my only issue is he's too good we might accidently win a game and drop our draft standing. If we can make a deal to trade in the offseason that would be better.

Good thought there. We need to be sitting in the top 2 positions.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Still, no one wants to recognize what a disappointment this guy has been.

Our 2nd is basically a late first and people want to deal it for a guy that's closer to busting than fulfilling expectations.

He also plays the same position we have two young players at.

Those of you that advocate doing this ought to remind yourselves that you havent seen him play lately and you think you're getting a top 5 pick for a 2nd.

Bringing this guy into this environment at this time for that price would send us much further in the wrong direction.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes he is going to win games for us by himself.

They are cutting their losses by trading him.

He hasn't played well. Period.

kumizi

Reaction score
He’s been pretty mediocre as a NFL player. If it’s the scheme and you think he’d thrive in our scheme, I guess I’d consider it. But I’m pretty sure most people that want to trade for him are still wowed by his Alabama days and where he was drafted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's hard for me to believe that we would, as a fan base, support any plan to go out and trade for a guy that may or may not fit. What do I mean by this? Does anybody really believe that Nolan and his Defensive Coaching Staff will be in Dallas at the start of next season? Does anybody believe that we are going to the playoffs this year? We got smoked by Washington people. Go ahead and let that sink in...........

The worst team in the NFC West is what, San Fran with 4 wins? Tampa in the South with the Saints at 4-2, right behind them. Packers and Bears both have 5 wins in the North. Hags are 5-1, Cards and Rams are both 5-2. You guys see us going anywhere? If the answer is no, and I don't see how it can't be, then why in the world am I sending a 2nd round pick to anybody for any player when I don't even know if said player is going to fit the scheme for the next coach? Why in the world, in a season where Draft Picks are going to be a premium because of what's going to happen with the cap am I trading a high pick, which could be cap relief for us, for another high end Salary? Why in the world am I trying to send a 2nd round pick to anybody when I could be in the running for a top 5 pick? I mean, that makes zero sense to me.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No. I'd only trade a 2nd for a bona fide, TOP offensive lineman. Williams isn't bad, probably an upgrade over several of our backups, but if he's not near the top, he won't help that much. A second round pick would, or should, have more upside and probably nearly as much value even as a rookie as Williams has now. Larry Allen was a second round pick, those guys are out there, just have to find them. That's not been Dallas' history until lately, but a team that can find a Zack Martin in the first should be able to find a really good guy in the second...