Would you trade Dak and his salary for Davis Mills

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, if that big contract was cleared off the books, I would trade him for Ronald McDonald. I like Dak, but he has not proven to be worth $160 million.
My line of thinking is the big pic. I cannot see us going anywhere w/ this team as is. So, I'd think about a mini rebuild. 1st round draft picks help out a ton!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd trade him for Tim Tebow, Trent Dilfer, or just about anybody. Get him out of here, we don't want to waste another 3-to 5 years with this jason garrett clone. sheesh.

raven55

Reaction score
we can't do that davis has more upside than dak. and they can't have that could they

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I'd trade him for Tim Tebow, Trent Dilfer, or just about anybody. Get him out of here, we don't want to waste another 3-to 5 years with this jason garrett clone. sheesh.

The bolded will be exactly that, a waste of 3, 5 or maybe more years. We would hope to get lucky again finding an UDFA like Romo or a 4th round gem like D4K. If, when D4K leaves, let's see how long it takes to get lucky or wait for this administration to actually draft a top tier QB. These responses tell me all I need to know about these posters. I tell ya.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The bolded will be exactly that, a waste of 3, 5 or maybe more years. We would hope to get lucky again finding an UDFA like Romo or a 4th round gem like D4K. If, when D4K leaves, let's see how long it takes to get lucky or wait for this administration to actually draft a top tier QB. These responses tell me all I need to know about these posters. I tell ya.
lucky with dak.. lol. jimmy said dallas ain't winning crap because they are not enough elite players in the league to put around the baby dak to carry him. Dilfer is laughing at dak. Tebow too.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm assuming the post is saying the Cowboys would free up $40 mil a year, or actually about $38.75 if contracts for both stayed the same, and with that the Cowboys could sign free agents that would build this team to a SB contender.

Problem with that plan is that top free agents cost a lot. This team would need somebody like the following to be able to compete for a SB:

Aaron Donald.
Myles Garrett.
Jalen Ramsey.
Harrison Smith.
Ronnie Stanley.
Joe Thuney.
Corey Linsley.
Travis Kelce.

Now you wouldn't necessarily need all of them, Cowboys already have one of the best guards in football in Martin, e.g. Though there are two guards on the line vs. one center, two heads are better than one!).

But the players above have average yearly salaries totaling something like (if I didn't miss one) $120 million, or an average of about $15 mil. So you could get about 3 of those players with your $40 mil.

Are 3 top players, 2 offense and 1 defense, or vice versa, making this team a top contender?

Doubt it. So nice thought, but it'd be rather pointless, probably end up like we are now - 1 playoff win every 6-8 years or so....

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
lucky with dak.. lol. jimmy said dallas ain't winning crap because they are not enough elite players in the league to put around the baby dak to carry him. Dilfer is laughing at dak. Tebow too.

Nah, just give D4K a better OL and stop committing so many penalties. No QBs in the league would have over come 14 penalties, a team record, btw. What in the world is Trent Dilfer laughing at? His defense, one of the best in league history, won his SB for him in 2000. He also won with a HOF TE. His team was WAY better than ours. He was 7-1 in 8 starts and was GONE the very next year! Remind me what he's laughing at. The Golden Calf of Bristol (Tim Tebow) is laughing because his entire career was a joke. Trent Dilfer was amazingly drafted #6 overall!!! I bet you forgot about that. Tebow, also a first round draft pick at #25. Of all QBs, you tried it with these two bums? Are you a Cowboys fan? I'm laughing at you now.