Would you trade for Derek Carr

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There is no way Gruden would trade Derek Carr for Dak Prescott. Not gonna happen.

He's already in hot water for trading the best player on the team. And now he's going to trade the second best player? For a QB who is seeing ghosts whenever he goes back to pass?

Garrett and Linehan would ruin Carr just like they have ruined Dak.

Gruden can't afford to pay a QB as much as he is paying Carr and not have him put up elite numbers, just can't do it. He'll be cut next year at this rate.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm NOT sold on Carr. He has tons of weapons right now and cannot consistently perform. He is hit and miss. He wouldn't do well here. We have 1 weapon and that's Zeke. He isn't a franchise QB.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My guess is that Gruden may move on from Carr after this year anyway. I'd be surprised if they aren't at least considering moving him.
Gruden has hitched everything on Carr being elite.Its a well known fact he coveted Carr when he was in the announcing Booth. I think its the fatal flaw he made. He will go down with Carr and the ship. Carr wont go anywhere until he gets fired or quits. Carr has regressed over the last 2 years. Decent QB...but those are a dime a dozen....ie Dak and guys like Fitz. The franchise guys are extremely rare to land. That's why I got to laugh when I see fans on here wanting us to tank so we can draft a QB this year. Its funny. That means we would be starting from scratch on offense. NOT GOOD. Pass on Carr.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Gruden has hitched everything on Carr being elite.Its a well known fact he coveted Carr when he was in the announcing Booth. I think its the fatal flaw he made. He will go down with Carr and the ship. Carr wont go anywhere until he gets fired or quits. Carr has regressed over the last 2 years. Decent QB...but those are a dime a dozen....ie Dak and guys like Fitz. The franchise guys are extremely rare to land. That's why I got to laugh when I see fans on here wanting us to tank so we can draft a QB this year. Its funny. That means we would be starting from scratch on offense. NOT GOOD. Pass on Carr.

Gruden coveted everything in the booth.

Carr is way too expensive and the Raiders hated him before Gruden got here. Gruden will use him as a scapegoat and get more time to build his own team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gruden coveted everything in the booth.

Carr is way too expensive and the Raiders hated him before Gruden got here. Gruden will use him as a scapegoat and get more time to build his own team.
True ,but I don't see Jon drafting a QB and going through a total overhaul. He wants to win now.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Wait, why would Oakland trade him?

In what world.....

If for some reason Gruden wanted Prescott, yes I'd trade Prescott for Carr straight up. No way it happens.

As I said subsequently, Oakland is almost certainly going to cut bait with Carr at years end. His salary is way too expensive for his production and Gruden can't take on that expense while trying to rebuild that team. Much better to either draft a QB or try a QB that might work out in his system.

Dak may flourish in Oakland and Gruden could build around him at very little cost. You can see how it goes this year and decide if you want to draft a QB next year. They're 0-3 right now.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Worth the risk. The "scrap heap" of receivers would look a lot better with Carr. Get him a big body TE with good hands and a verticle threat and we good to go. He and Zeke would be a nightmare to defend.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Just imagine this QB line up:
Dak
Tebow
Johnny Football
That would be a ratings bonaza.

Verdict

Reaction score
We should trade for Rodgers and Brees and Brady. Then we should let Garrett teach them how to play the "right way". How do you think that is going to work out for us?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Oakland has faced teams with a combined record of 8-1 so far

Although Carr is completing over 70% of his passes and is 6th in passing yards, his Tds/ints have not been good.
I suspect it's going to get much better.in a week or two

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Seems really random, GB. Why would Oakland trade Carr--they just signed him long term.

As I've said. They weren't happy with him last year, he is quite expensive, they are 0-3 and not looking to get any better at this point. Doubt they will hold on to him next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As I've said. They weren't happy with him last year, he is quite expensive, they are 0-3 and not looking to get any better at this point. Doubt they will hold on to him next year.
Gruden's 1st year and he loves him.
He played hurt all last year
Plus they traded away Khalil Mack so you have to assume they are looking longer term....not this year or bust.
Guess we'll see.

That is a hefty contract though