Twitter: Would you trade Tony Pollard?

NeathBlue

Reaction score
For a draft pick, no… because it would be such a low pick.
But if it was a straight up swap for a DB who could come straight in and help, then yeah I probably would.
Problem is it’s unlikely anyone trades for him as there’s so many free agent RB’s out there that can do a job.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
For what? We don’t even use the highest paid RB to run the ball

We will use Zeke lol… the overreactions on this board are hilarious.

The Bucs have a nasty run D and we were without our best player on the OL— so because the gameplan focused on exploiting TB’s secondary (and it worked!)— in your mind that equals us ignoring Zeke?

Cmon brave soldier. Let the sunshine in just a crack. Lots of football to play and we only have to play the #1 rush D once in the reg season lol

Gaede

Reaction score
If it got us a starting CB, hell yeah.

Pollard is awesome. But let's be real. He's a backup who will get like 15 touches, max, a game, on an offense that is stacked with weapons. If we can trade him for a starter, that's an easy decision

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard might be the best back on the roster right now. Seems Zeke is not what he once was.

BS.
Moore called poor game at times. He should have been running more in the first half. But instead tried to establish the run too late in the game.
Moore is part of the reason for the loss as the entire team is.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may get fried for this but at this point I'd trade Zeke instead. Pollard Is ready. And he's a better weapon in the passing game.

Another BS post. No way Pollard is better than Zeke in any area. The only thing Pollard has is quickness and more shifty. more speed, but how how does a RB get to use that speed in the open field.
Pollard can't carry the load.

Fans need to get over this myth.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Another BS post. No way Pollard is better than Zeke in any area. The only thing Pollard has is quickness and more shifty. more speed, but how how does a RB get to use that speed in the open field.
Pollard can't carry the load.

Fans need to get over this myth.
Not BS at all. And I didn't say Pollard was better. What I am saying is we don't need a bellcow that gets dirty yards all the time. This is not 2016 - right now it's Dak's team, meaning we need to pass primarily to set up the run.

I'm a Zeke fan but my eyes tells me Jason Garrett era ruined him. He has straight line speed but no wiggle (as we saw last night when a backup DB tackled him in the open field).

For what Kellen Moore is doing with the offense, it might be prudent to get Pollard in there. RBs aren't as Important as they were in 1993. He's eating up a lot of cap space to be giving us 33 yards.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not BS at all. And I didn't say Pollard was better. What I am saying is we don't need a bellcow that gets dirty yards all the time. This is not 2016 - right now it's Dak's team, meaning we need to pass primarily to set up the run.

I'm a Zeke fan but my eyes tells me Jason Garrett era ruined him. He has straight line speed but no wiggle (as we saw last night when a backup DB tackled him in the open field).

For what Kellen Moore is doing with the offense, it might be prudent to get Pollard in there. RBs aren't as Important as they were in 1993. He's eating up a lot of cap space to be giving us 33 yards.

The running game has not changed in the NFL if used correctly. So I disagree about needing a bellcow RB. RBBC doesn't really work either. Pollard would be on IR if he started within 6 games. Then what would they do.

Again that was on Moore as he tried to get the run game going too late, as usual.
Zeke has some wiggle, he hit the corner decent on the 13 yard run. Jarwin whiffed on a few tackles that did not allow Zeke more yards on some runs.

Moore, to me is a detriment still at times. I hope he proves me wrong though.

EST_1986

Reaction score
We will use Zeke lol… the overreactions on this board are hilarious.

The Bucs have a nasty run D and we were without our best player on the OL— so because the gameplan focused on exploiting TB’s secondary (and it worked!)— in your mind that equals us ignoring Zeke?

Cmon brave soldier. Let the sunshine in just a crack. Lots of football to play and we only have to play the #1 rush D once in the reg season lol
0-1… it worked

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
0-1… it worked

So your gameplan would have been what? Run into the teeth of the defense and lose by 20+ points? Lol… did you place a large bet AGAINST the Cowboys?

For the record— they utilized a short perimeter passing attack which served as an alternative to an up the gut ground game, to supplement the direct carries they were giving to Zeke and Pollard. It worked well. It’s how the Saints beat TB on a regular basis with Brees.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This isn’t Madden. We need a backup RB.

The only trade I am interested in is a draft pick for Gilmore. Give me one more dawg in the secondary and I think they can take things to the next level
We are even weaker on the DL

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We are even weaker on the DL

They shut the run game down. 52 total yards. No— they did not sack Brady— but the guy has a great OL and an all time best release time.

With Gallimore scheduled to come back— and the young guys bound to improve with some snaps— I think our bigger need remains at CB for sure

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just 1 more is facts. Kazee and Wilson arent Thomas and Kam but they are good enough to win a super bowl with.
Id love to nab a quality DB, but I wouldn't move Gallimore unless Im getting a much better player. Gallimore is probably the only interior DL that might develop into a plus pass rusher.

Id be willing to trade a day 2 pick, even a 2nd, for a high caliber DB. May sound odd, but Id make that move over trading Gallimore

stinkface

Reaction score
Jarwin is an absolute horrible blocker. Technique is awful and effort is less then awful. He destroys us in the run game.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You don't trade away great players! Here's why. As a RB, Pollard can line up as a true tailback from under center, as an offset back in the shotgun, & as a wildcat quarterback. He has the ability to get around the perimeter on a jet sweep & is adept at making the first man miss. He consistently shows patience, balance, & a burst of acceleration that quickly gets him to the second level of the defense where he is hard to bring down.

Pollard is also an intelligent & willing pass blocker but his technique and power are two areas he needs to work on. He's a keeper.