Twitter: Would you trade Tony Pollard?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They shut the run game down. 52 total yards. No— they did not sack Brady— but the guy has a great OL and an all time best release time.

With Gallimore scheduled to come back— and the young guys bound to improve with some snaps— I think our bigger need remains at CB for sure
Its not about the run game lol. Its about play making. Im trading the only interior player that has shown any ability to make plays for a DB. If we are making a trade, Id much rather use a 2nd or 3rd rounder and get someone legit.

Saying our bigger need is CB is a bit knee jerk. Same logic you used applies to the CB. With snaps, the young guys we drafted can improve. Right now our DL is just as bad as our CB's. Ya we stopped the run. Pass rush win games in todays NFL, and our pass rush was as non existent as our CB's were bad. Im weakening one key position to strengthen another

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Its not about the run game lol. Its about play making. Im trading the only interior player that has shown any ability to make plays for a DB. If we are making a trade, Id much rather use a 2nd or 3rd rounder and get someone legit.

Saying our bigger need is CB is a bit knee jerk. Same logic you used applies to the CB. With snaps, the young guys we drafted can improve. Right now our DL is just as bad as our CB's. Ya we stopped the run. Pass rush win games in todays NFL, and our pass rush was as non existent as our CB's were bad. Im weakening one key position to strengthen another

We are paper thin at CB. Diggs got hurt last year. Brown and Lewis have both missed time.

Brown clearly has limitations as a starting CB.

Judging this DL after last night’s game is far more knee jerk than me acknowledging the need at CB lol… and if we do make a trade, where do you see me recommending that we weaken the DL to do so? I said trade a draft pick

And yes— stopping the run does matter. A ton. Did you not watch last year or are you still in shell shock? Yes of course we need to rush well— but the fact they looked better vs the run than they did last year is definitely a positive

kumizi

Reaction score
Jesus Christ this is insane. He is probably our best running back and we only have 2 NFL level RBs on the roster.

Not unless we're magically getting a starting CB or DLineman for him.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He didn't get the opportunities to even get into a rhythm. Elliott came up very big picking up blitzes. Tampa's defensive line is probably the top 1-3 in the NFL.

This. Everybody wants huge stats from Elliot (funny these are the same posters that are saying stats don't matter when it comes to Dak) but don't give him credit for the dirty work he was doing along the Oline all game.

Reactions: G2

Shane612

Reaction score
Yes.
I would trade Elliott, too, if I could find a trading partner crazy enough.
In fact, there's no one who is untouchable, especially if the trade would strength either line, O or D.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Might as well, we don't run the ball.
Nobody can run on Tampa's #1 run defense..
But they are vulnerable thru the air, just as they were last year.

Script is somewhat flipped next week.

Chargers have a much better pass D than Tampa, but their run D is just average.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are paper thin at CB. Diggs got hurt last year. Brown and Lewis have both missed time.

Judging this DL after last night’s game is far more knee jerk than me acknowledging the need at CB lol… and if we do make a trade, where do you see me recommending that we weaken the DL to do so? I said trade a draft pick

And yes— stopping the run does matter. A ton. Did you not watch last year or are you still in shell shock? Yes of course we need to rush well— but the fact they looked better vs the run than they did last year is definitely a positive
I never said it didnt matter. I said it doesnt matter as much as rushing the passer. It doesn't. You will find few people that think it does. And pass rush matters more than CB play.

Judging our defensive line given two years of sub par play is definitely not a knee jerk reaction. Now matter how well they did against the run. The defensive line was still a big reason why our defense failed

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The Bucs had a great run D last year. But the Chiefs gave up 4.9 yards per carry when they won the Super Bowl the year before, and the Patriots gave up 4.9 yards per carry when they won the year before that.

Run defense is important. But its not great predictor of success or failure either. I think Cowboy fans are just appalled by our performance last year that we started over emphasizing its importants

Cmac

Reaction score
Jarwin is an absolute horrible blocker. Technique is awful and effort is less then awful. He destroys us in the run game.
Might add, Schultz don't pop off the screen with the run game, as well. We don't have one blocking TE.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ravens signed Murray, Bell and have a few other depth backs. FA is still full of guys who could do enough for the Ravens for them to not give us a worthy draft pick to let go of Pollard.

Pollards impact now + next year > some day 3 pick
both those backs are betetr then polllard sicne when did pollard become a sought after commodity..show me..hes the backup hype machine the pet cat here..hes not better then zeke..