Would you trade Zeke for Fletcher Cox?

exciter

Reaction score
Simple question. With so many people down on Zeke, would you trade him to a division rival for 4x all-pro, 1x all-NFL DT like Cox? We'd have to face him twice a year, maybe three times if both teams meet in the playoffs.

Pros: No more distraction, defense would be top three at worse, maybe #1 at best.
Cons: We have to play against him 2x's a year.
5 years ago I would have strongly considered it. At this point no. I believe Cox has missed much of their camp and may be showing signs of breaking down. At his age and sheer abandonment that he has played, he's going to start breaking down. He's probably going to be a cap casualty in a year or 2!

Altestic

Reaction score
5 years ago I would have strongly considered it. At this point no. I believe Cox has missed much of their camp and may be showing signs of breaking down. At his age and sheer abandonment that he has played, he's going to start breaking down. He's probably going to be a cap casualty in a year or 2!
yes with the Wentz contract they're going to have to lose Peters, Cox, Kelce, Brooks, Graham etc soon. Too old.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I'd trade my mother and a 1st round pick for Fletcher Cox.

JayFord

Reaction score
No but you pick another star player besides lve and Smith and I’ll say yes

Dude cox on this defense .....oooohhhh babbbbbbyyyy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
One thing for sure, no matter what side you are standing on, all of these meaningless posts will fade once Zeke signs...
ahh,, who am I kidding,, probably be a board meltdown.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Simple question. With so many people down on Zeke, would you trade him to a division rival for 4x all-pro, 1x all-NFL DT like Cox? We'd have to face him twice a year, maybe three times if both teams meet in the playoffs.

Pros: No more distraction, defense would be top three at worse, maybe #1 at best.
They wouldn't so it really does not matter. Zeke is a distraction worth having on the team for the next 2 to 3 seasons IMO.

exciter

Reaction score
yes with the Wentz contract they're going to have to lose Peters, Cox, Kelce, Brooks, Graham etc soon. Too old.
I'm thinking they try to resign Kelce... too damm good not to. They have draft Peter's replacement. Still wish we had taken Cox over Claiborne!

JayFord

Reaction score
One thing for sure, no matter what side you are standing on, all of these meaningless posts will fade once Zeke signs...
ahh,, who am I kidding,, probably be a board meltdown.

This board melts down anyway

I don’t like the way Elliott went about it but he’s like a child I love and even thought they upset me I still smile when I see em and say hey buddy let’s go get some prunes and catch up

Cmac

Reaction score
People here are assessing Zeke like he is water compared to Brawndo in Idiocracy. Especially considering that Dallas is not a pass focused offense.
Been my point from the beginning.....NFL coordinators love it that their defense can simply focus on the dink & dunk offense....everybody, including the School for the Blind.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

yes. no second thoughts. yes, yes yes.

Ron12

Reaction score
39d5ow.jpg

:facepalm: The man was plagued with a foot injury.

Don't flatter yourself. Cox is ready to go. With him back in the line-up, the Eagles will enter the season with the best defensive tackle rotation in the NFL.
The Eagles Defense can't stop anyone how did this Moron Eagles Fan get cleared to be on CowboysZone

Ron12

Reaction score
39d5ow.jpg

:facepalm: The man was plagued with a foot injury.

Don't flatter yourself. Cox is ready to go. With him back in the line-up, the Eagles will enter the season with the best defensive tackle rotation in the NFL.
The Eagles Defense can't stop anyone how did this Moron Eagles Fan get cleared to be on CowboysZone

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would not. We don't have a Cox on the team but we have a lot of very good depth and as of now, I'd say that the DL is easily one of our best position Groups. No, I'd rather trade Zeke for picks and perhaps a quality RB to take his place on the roster.

Ron12

Reaction score
I would not. We don't have a Cox on the team but we have a lot of very good depth and as of now, I'd say that the DL is easily one of our best position Groups. No, I'd rather trade Zeke for picks and perhaps a quality RB to take his place on the roster.
Could not agree more Cox did not play well last season not worth the money !

Sandyf

Reaction score

NO, and NO