Wouldn't this be a game to use Vaughn?

Cmac

Reaction score
Why? And if you have to think long about it.......you have your answer.

blueblood70

Reaction score
.. with the impending weather situation over there.
A run game is going to be helpful.

What say you, CZners?
No and I feel bad for deuce Vaughn but he ends up getting drafted to a team who has covanta Turpin and Tony Pollard and they use CD lamb a lot in the same type of roles that Vaughn would offer they can't bring him on to do the same jobs they already got starters producing it... He's simply the odd man out and they're bringing up Malik Davis instead and I agree with this we need more juice in the middle we don't need more outside guys doing motions and all that other stuff and really if Turpin goes down I'm confident that Vaughn can do all those same things on special teams and on the offense he's just the odd man out right now there is no place for him and given he was a sixth round pick it doesn't matter he could be on this team and he eventually will get his shot..

I'm still confident the dude can be a good player in the NFL but he is not a good fit this year there's too many other guys doing the same things...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Might be good if you can get him out in space but this type of weather usually lends itself to more physicality and tough running. Deuces biggest asset is his shiftiness and quick burst. Not sure it would play as well on a sloppy field.
Correct but no one's bringing him up when we already have Turpin, Pollard, and lamb that do a lot of the same things on this team and deuce Vaughn I'm confident it's going to be a good player he's just not a good fit this year he's the odd man out his skill set is basically the same things Turpin does....

so unless Turpin gets hurt there's no room for him and we don't need another light shifty running back on any game right now that's why Malik Davis is getting the call up we need more power up the middle and some physicality at impact you know wear defenses down that's what we're missing we're not missing deuce falling skill set we have that already...

Reactions: CWR

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The would have to get a package where they use him in motion out of the slot.
DV was not deployed to his strengths I don't care what ya'll say. His limited time came when this offense was in a state of flux too. He looked bad but so did TP at that time. Little guy compared to Darren Sproles and you drafted him for PR only as a solid for a long time scout? Dumb. Dude has talent and if you can't see it then Stevie Wonder has company. He is not a bell cow and he is not an up the middle kinda back but a space eater. Get him in space and we see a different cat. Or cut him and move on otherwise.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Since a run game could be more important in the game given the conditions, Vaughn should remain inactive.
I saw him quite a bit when I lived in Austin and was amazed that he was able to carve thru College defenses. While he did rack up yards from scrimmage, he was also tossed around like a rag doll. I was surprised when DC drafted him until it was revealed that his father is on the staff. I got on board with the pick early on, but soon realized that this is not College and that he was playing in NFL where this did not translate to much success for him at all. Darren Sproles certainly came to mind. This experiment is over and I'm sure we all wish him well moving forward. Glad The JJ's and staff came to this realization too.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
3 years in college
651 carries
3,604 rushing yards (second in school history)
5.5-yard average
34 rushing touchdowns
21 100-yard rushing games
116 receptions for 1,280 yards

Thinking he suddenly has no place in the NFL is ridiculous.
College production doesn't always translate to the NFL.

Im not rehashing everything I called out about him this summer. The only thing I was wrong about was that he was handed a roster spot.

He looked awful the few times he has played. And since deactivating him in favor of a guy who can actually contribute, we're undefeated.

The lesson here for all the wanna be draft gurus, don't simply look at stats.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
He’s been listed as an active today. So the coaching staffs’ take on this is no.