Wow, I didn't realize.....

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
The Commanders' Santana Moss is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single-season receiving record (1,848 yards in 1995).

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:
The Commanders' Santana Moss is on pace to break Jerry Rice's single-season receiving record (1,848 yards in 1995).

...is smoking the league this year so far. His YAC is the amazing stat.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Maybe Gibbs knows more about today's NFL than we want to admit. A lot of people better wake up and realize that Gibbs is turning that bunch around. The Monday nighter has been their springboard. Thanks Parcells for playing for the FG with 4:30 to go in that game. That's worked out real well so far this year. Oh well, I guess ole' Bill has to be hit in the face with that skunk 5 or 6 times to realize it's a skunk.

I would think defensive coordinators will begin to try and take Moss away from the Skins in the 2nd half of the season. Of course, we doubled him twice in the last 3 minutes of our game and he still burns us twice. Oh yeah, I forgot...Roy was part of that double.

Givincer

Reaction score
I said Gibbs was a good coach ffs I was told , " He was a good coach in the 80's , today its a totally different game " Yea ok whatever this guy knows what he's doing period...

Hoods

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Of course, we doubled him twice in the last 3 minutes of our game and he still burns us twice. Oh yeah, I forgot...Roy was part of that double.

Get over it. Seriously, how does Santana catch all these touchdowns and rack up all these yards when Roy isn't covering him?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hoods said:
Get over it. Seriously, how does Santana catch all these touchdowns and rack up all these yards when Roy isn't covering him?

Lighten up. It was a joke. Moss is a very good player. I never understood why the Jets unloaded him when you think about what he did in the playoffs for them last year returning punts, catching bombs. The guy was awesome.

As for Roy...no matter how big a fan we are of Roy and the Cowboys, it doesn't change the fact that his reputation around the league is that he's a below-average cover safety.

jem88

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Lighten up. It was a joke. Moss is a very good player. I never understood why the Jets unloaded him when you think about what he did in the playoffs for them last year returning punts, catching bombs. The guy was awesome.

As for Roy...no matter how big a fan we are of Roy and the Cowboys, it doesn't change the fact that his reputation around the league is that he's a below-average cover safety.
The guy is a big time player and like he once said, big time players make big plays in big games (ala the MNF game against us.)

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
his reputation around the league is that he's a below-average cover safety.

...reputation - it's the truth. That's not the strength of his game. He's strongest when he keeps the play in front of him, but if he has to turn and run to make the play it's not going to go well for him.

ghst187

Reaction score
well Moss certainly doesn't have anyone on his team to take away any possible catches. If the ball is thrown, its probably to him. The rest of their WR corps is pretty lame. Brunnell has really played well too. Wash is a lot better than I thought they'd be and a lot better than they should be. When you look at their roster...they're not that talented, esp relative to the rest of the league...but at this point I'd say they have as good a chance as any NFC East team to win the division. What is always the common denominator between overachieving teams?
Coaching.
This coming from someone who really doesn't care for Gibbs.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Washington has won a lot of close games without the curse of a significant injury. The only game which wasn't close was the 49ers. This has helped what I think is a not so talented team - except for a few positions - in the confidence department gain some confidence. Also, they are well coached.

However, winning a lot of close games can also translate to losing a lot of close games relatively quickly. So I do expect them to hit a downturn, but I don't know the future, so I'm just assuming they will because typically those things happen.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

I think thats more of a reputation amongst the fickle folks in this forum, because everytime I see a personnel/GM poll ranking safeties, he's at the top

go poll coaches and GM's, I bet virtually every one of them would be salivating over getting RW on their team

David

2much2soon

Reaction score
Methinks Moss will be jammed at the line every single play next time, He won't be allowed a running start. If he is he had proven to be deadly.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I think thats more of a reputation amongst the fickle folks in this forum, because everytime I see a personnel/GM poll ranking safeties, he's at the top

go poll coaches and GM's, I bet virtually every one of them would be salivating over getting RW on their team

David

I didn't say no one would want him. Obviously Roy has a lot of good qualities.

But Roy is a lot more Steve Atwater than the Ronnie Lott comparisons he brought with him into the league. Not there is anything wrong with that, because Atwater was a great hitting strong safety, who actually was probably a little better natural cover man than Roy.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I didn't realize that...man, how does he go from sometimes invisible in New York to almost dominating in Washington...crazy.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Maybe Gibbs knows more about today's NFL than we want to admit. A lot of people better wake up and realize that Gibbs is turning that bunch around. The Monday nighter has been their springboard. Thanks Parcells for playing for the FG with 4:30 to go in that game. That's worked out real well so far this year. Oh well, I guess ole' Bill has to be hit in the face with that skunk 5 or 6 times to realize it's a skunk.

I would think defensive coordinators will begin to try and take Moss away from the Skins in the 2nd half of the season. Of course, we doubled him twice in the last 3 minutes of our game and he still burns us twice. Oh yeah, I forgot...Roy was part of that double.

I would also have to give Mark Brunell a lot of the credit since both the passes against us were perfectly thrown. He is having an outstanding year so far.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THUMPER said:
I would also have to give Mark Brunell a lot of the credit since both the passes against us were perfectly thrown. He is having an outstanding year so far.
He is having a pro bowl year so far.

jem88

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Foreskins SUUUUUUCK..... Period!!!!!!!!
Well actually they're doing better than us right now. If you are saying that you hate them, well then you're just preaching to the converted.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Santana is very Steve Smith like. People still cant cover Smith even though he is their only real threat to catch the ball.

I would love for him to break Jerry's record, but it is unlikely. Gibbs wants to get Patten and Cooley more involved in the passing game.

Smith22

Reaction score
Moss has been lights out so far, can't argue much with that. Patten and Trash are garbage IMO. Cooley can play, the kid has a future.