WOW!! If only the draft fell like this (3 round mock)

DakAttack

Roy Williams
Reaction score
http://www.condraft.com/mock.php?r=1

CDS 2006 NFL MOCK DRAFT

They have us taking these 3 players...

1. Winston Justice - OT - USC

2. Ko Simpson - S - South Carolina

3. Kai Parham - LB - Virginia

I hope it falls like this:thumbup: . We would come away with 3 starters of postions of need.

The only downer is what thay have projected for the Beagles..

1. Chad Jackson
2. Marcus McNeil
3. Roderick Wright

Ouch!! That would be a HAUL for them :eek:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Roy Williams said:

CDS 2006 NFL MOCK DRAFT

I hope it falls like this:thumbup: . We would come away with 3 starters of postions of need.

1. Chad Jackson
2. Marcus McNeil
3. Roderick Wright

I'd much rather have the eagles draft. :mad:

ghst187

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I'd much rather have the eagles draft. :mad:

me too.
We need a bigtime playmaking OLB. Maybe Burnett is going to be that guy, but if we have a chance to take a guy like Lawson, we need to do it.
Parham is going to be an ILB in the 3-4, not real fast. We have ILBs, our gap is at OLB.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I agree that Lawson is going to be completely disruptive to offenses. I'm thinking playmaking style like ghst suggested. I have looked at every possible OLB and tweener in this draft, and by far, Lawson has blown me away with the physical attributes.

I will be the first to say, Lawson would not make it as a 4-3 linebacker IMO. If you're playing ROLB, it's not just you alone. The ROLB the RILB the RDE are all responsible for that side, including the safety and the RCB.

Justis

Reaction score
I'd go insane if we passed on Greenway. It'd take me a few days before I could watch ESPN again.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Roy Williams said:

CDS 2006 NFL MOCK DRAFT

1. Chad Jackson
2. Marcus McNeil
3. Roderick Wright

I like Justice and Simpson (especially if we got Simpson at our pick in rd 2, because I think he is a real playmaker as a FS)...dont like Parham that much though, especially since we signed Ayodele to start next to James

as for the Eagles draft, who cares...Chad Jackson might take a yr or two to develop, McNeil's stock is reportedly falling due to back concerns and Wright is a career underachiever

David

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Justis said:
I'd go insane if we passed on Greenway. It'd take me a few days before I could watch ESPN again.

Greenway is overrated and a poor fit for the strong side in the 3-4.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
junk said:
Greenway is overrated and a poor fit for the strong side in the 3-4.

and while it shouldnt mean everything, dude was absolutely horrible at the combine

David

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I am guessing that Dallas will do something like:
1) Lawson
2) Eric Winston
3) Bradie Croyle

I would rather things fell like:
1) Winston Justice
2) Ko Simpson
3) Abdul Hodge

Then Dallas wouldn't have reached for any of the three, but have picked quality that dropped.

MiStar

Reaction score
Wow, if there are this many people that hate that draft, then there's no way that more than half the fans will be happy on draft day.

It's not my ideal first day, but I'd have to be mad to say that I don't think it will help this team in a big way.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'd be on board with that, good picks at need positions. If we are not takeing a OLB in the draft's 1st day, it would mean Bill is happy with what we have and thinks Burnett will come back OK (hope so ) or we may still have someone targeted in Free Agency.
Anyway, I would think that draft would be solid, maybe not spectacular, but solid...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MiStar said:
Wow, if there are this many people that hate that draft, then there's no way that more than half the fans will be happy on draft day.

It's not my ideal first day, but I'd have to be mad to say that I don't think it will help this team in a big way.

That's a big investment in a LT that really doesn't grade out significantly better then a guy you can pick up in the 2nd or 3rd, to say nothing of the fact that this guy has a bad track record.

Ko Simpson is a great athlete but can he adjust to the pro game mentally? Rumors are that he isn't the sharpest tool in the old Tough Shed. He is going to have to be able to call all the coverages in the Show.

Kai Parham is a slow LB. Granted, he's an inside LB but how is he better then other guys that have graded out better? To me, Parham in the 3rd round is a bit of a reach.

JMO of course.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
1) Lawson
2) Eric Winston
3) Bradie Croyle

1) Winston Justice
2) Ko Simpson
3) Abdul Hodge

Then Dallas wouldn't have reached for any of the three, but have picked quality that dropped.
I certainly wouldn't mind taking Justice in the 1st round. Hodge is 6 foot 233 - Parcells doesn't like small LBrs for his 3-4.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I certainly wouldn't mind taking Justice in the 1st round. Hodge is 6 foot 233 - Parcells doesn't like small LBrs for his 3-4.

While true, Hodge is not proto-typical or a BP type linebacker. He is a steal in the third round because he is a Zack Thomas/Dat Ngyen type player with a knack for always being around the football.

I saw him listed at 6'1"-236 instead of 6', but with the way players are listed today, I am guessing 6' is generous.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Dalmations202 said:
1) Lawson
2) Eric Winston
3) Bradie Croyle

1) Winston Justice
2) Ko Simpson
3) Abdul Hodge

I would rather have Lawson than Jutice. He would be an absolute terror in the 3-4, but I don't think he will make it to the 18th pick. Justice won't be there either though. Both players are both worth the 18th pick.

ghst187

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I agree that Lawson is going to be completely disruptive to offenses. I'm thinking playmaking style like ghst suggested. I have looked at every possible OLB and tweener in this draft, and by far, Lawson has blown me away with the physical attributes.

I will be the first to say, Lawson would not make it as a 4-3 linebacker IMO. If you're playing ROLB, it's not just you alone. The ROLB the RILB the RDE are all responsible for that side, including the safety and the RCB.

yeah, Lawson is the biggest "bang for the buck" and at a need position. Sure a guy like Justice would be a solid pick, but pretty boring and we have two quality starting tackles. Lawson is pure impact player who's going to cause offenses problems. He has the speed and quickness of a DB, the athleticism of a WR, and the height of a DE. He's an absolute freak.
I think and hope we will get Lawson at 18 but if not, I think Wimbley is a backup plan in the second. I think these two guys are the main LBs on our radar. I think Carpenter is there too but would probably play ILB and not OLB.
I think our problem is that we'd like to have 4 or 5 players with 3 picks on day 1. Sounds like we would really like to draft Charlie Whitehurst. I'm not upset about that but I think its going to take a third round pick to get him.
We also will need a FS, even if we sign Coleman, a LB, an OL (probably a guard), and it'd be nice to pick up a WR.
Although I'd like to see us trade down for more first day picks so we could get good players at all those positions, I'd prefer to get Lawson. I don't think there's any doubt that one of our first day picks will be a LB and one will be an OL. We really need a FS also. I think JJ wants a WR and QB out of this draft too. Math doesn't work yet. We might be closer to fixing all these positions if we sign a bigtime player at FS like Law or Woodson.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think if the draft falls that way than Deangelo Williams is the BPA at #18 and that is who we should take...ALl the other players left to me seem like 2nd round picks

Reaction score
I love Lawson, and he is an incredible talent. However, as it stands right now, Carpenter would be a better fit on the LOLB or LILB positions. Lawson is just too lanky right now to play opposite Ware. They are too much alike.
Forget Greenway! Living in the Midwest, I've watched enough Iowa games to know the guy is way overrated.