Wow... I'm Potent...

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Lately I've been trying to reign in my diet. I've never been overweight and I've always stayed in shape, but I have also always had a terrible diet. A lot of red meat, alcohol, fast food, junk food, etc. If it's fried, greasy, cheesy, etc, I'll devoir it.

Anyway, I recently started being more concious about what I eat on account of me starting a new workout regiment, as well as somewhat prevantative maintenance as I get older. I'm including more fruits and nuts, and eating more sensible dinners. This has been going on for about 2 months now.

Not to be vulger, but wow, my gas has been potent. I pity anyone nearby when I let one go, for fear it'll give them a nose bleed.

Is this just my digestive system rebelling after 32 years of bad habits? Will it get better? Or does healthy eating = toxic fuels?

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
What will you do if this problem turns out to be something you can't resolve and is permanent? :D

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
word of advice, eat bacon for breakfast, a burger for lunch and steak for dinner.
4 snacks inbetween

ethiostar

Reaction score
At a very quick glance I read the title of the thread as "I'm impotent". And was expecting........well, something completely different.

:laugh2:

dback

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3276519 said:
fiber makes you fart

so a diet rich in fiber is going to make you a little gassy

+1

You could also incorporate more pro-biotic foods into your diet (i.e. yogurts with live cultures). Any pharmacy will sell an OTC pro-biotic Acidophilus supplement. Get the one with a high count that has a young MFG date.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
You might also consider getting checked out. I had terrible gas and intestinal problems. After my appendectomy I got colitis, and I was letting one go about once a minute and my guts just felt irritable. I went to the ER and they gave me some antibiotics to clear up the colitis, which ironically was cause by the antibiotics from my surgery.

However, colitis can be caused by other things and if your diet was bad before you might want to just go for a check up. It's important to have a healthy colon, so I eat a lot of fiber. But when it's bad for long periods I'd say go to the doc for a routine check up. They can run some blood work, et cetera.

The other thing you might want to try is fasting during the day to see if that helps (if it's just gas that's bothering you).

I know how it feels though. Unfortunately, I can make my wife heave from the smell of my "potency". True story during her recent bout with morning sickness. :)

Good day, Mids.

Pooper problems aside, how are the wife and kids?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Eat old fashioned oatmeal for breakfast every other day. Chop up a small red apple, saute it in a little butter, then throw it in the oatmeal with a little brown sugar, raisins, and cinnamon. Cleared me right up...

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
ethiostar;3276534 said:
At a very quick glance I read the title of the thread as "I'm impotent". And was expecting........well, something completely different.

I was expecting to hear that someone was pregnant.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I thought the shots fired rang out from the gassy knoll.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Is there a lot of Soy in your diet now? That put me into the gastronic olympics camp.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just go with it and have some fun.

Carry around a lighter or zip lock baggie for example.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3276389 said:
I pity anyone nearby when I let one go, for fear it'll give them a nose bleed.

Are you talking about your farts or one of your posts...

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3276805 said:
Just go with it and have some fun.

Carry around a lighter or zip lock baggie for example.

This made me LOL irl.