Wow... I'm Potent...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
ethiostar;3276743 said:

It was during World War II that the soybean was discovered as fertilizer by ..... The doses of soy used to induce pancreatic cancer in rats are said to be ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean

http://www.westonaprice.org/Myths-Truths-About-Soy.html

Of course everybody's body is different. I know it makes my wife burp up a lot. Whenever we go to an outdoor party where they grill burgers, if they use those cheap frozen soy burger patties she gets sick but it doesn't affect me...

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
JonJon;3277228 said:
White Castles gives me gas.

That used to give me the worst gas. It seems like the older I've gotten the less it affects me, though.

Might also be because I have to get them frozen, as there are no actual restaurants around here - sad panda. :(

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Faerluna;3277366 said:
That used to give me the worst gas. It seems like the older I've gotten the less it affects me, though.

Might also be because I have to get them frozen, as there are no actual restaurants around here - sad panda. :(

****ing disgusting!

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Burned fat makes really bad gas. So thats probably what it is since you started working out.

hairic

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3277168 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soybean

http://www.westonaprice.org/Myths-Truths-About-Soy.html

Of course everybody's body is different. I know it makes my wife burp up a lot. Whenever we go to an outdoor party where they grill burgers, if they use those cheap frozen soy burger patties she gets sick but it doesn't affect me...

That's kind of a cheating statement. Everything that lives (organic stuff) is fertilizer. Humans, trees, fungus, insects, animals, plants, everything living will decay down to fertilizer.

Where legumes are special is they are nitrogen-fixing. But the plants themselves don't do it, they team up with bacteria in the soil that fixes nitrogen in little nodules on the plant, feeding the plant the nitrogen it needs. When the plant dies, the fixed nitrogen remains in the soil until it evaporates. Hence, soybeans, a legume, can fix nitrogen in the soil which is a necessary element in fertilizer.

[/has grown soybeans, eaten them, and mulched over the plants to save the nitrogen]

Also, http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_a/a-129.pdf

Wimbo

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3276389 said:
Lately I've been trying to reign in my diet. I've never been overweight and I've always stayed in shape, but I have also always had a terrible diet. A lot of red meat, alcohol, fast food, junk food, etc. If it's fried, greasy, cheesy, etc, I'll devoir it.

Anyway, I recently started being more concious about what I eat on account of me starting a new workout regiment, as well as somewhat prevantative maintenance as I get older. I'm including more fruits and nuts, and eating more sensible dinners. This has been going on for about 2 months now.

Not to be vulger, but wow, my gas has been potent. I pity anyone nearby when I let one go, for fear it'll give them a nose bleed.

Is this just my digestive system rebelling after 32 years of bad habits? Will it get better? Or does healthy eating = toxic fuels?

Did you start drinking milk and/or eating yogurt regularly? Could be lactose intolerance.

Ren

Reaction score
I've lost 14lbs since new years just by changing my diet i was never really over weight i just want to get back in shape.
One of the side effects of this that i've noticed is gas, lots of gas
I've been full of energy lately though so hopefully the gas thing is just temporary as it's really not a problem i want when i start doing MMA again this spring

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3276805 said:
Just go with it and have some fun.

Carry around a lighter or zip lock baggie for example.

:laugh2:

Wimbo

Reaction score
Ren;3278879 said:
I've lost 14lbs since new years just by changing my diet i was never really over weight i just want to get back in shape.
One of the side effects of this that i've noticed is gas, lots of gas
I've been full of energy lately though so hopefully the gas thing is just temporary as it's really not a problem i want when i start doing MMA again this spring

Could be your secret weapon...

butt.jpg

Ren

Reaction score
Wimbo;3278909 said:
Could be your secret weapon...

butt.jpg

:laugh2: That's what i'm afraid of, i would become very unpopular around the gym

Wimbo

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3276389 said:
Not to be vulger, but wow, my gas has been potent. I pity anyone nearby when I let one go, for fear it'll give them a nose bleed.

This will give you some ideas to help cover your transgressions:

[youtube]OLTsGXkcjtU[/youtube]

ethiostar

Reaction score
hairic;3278800 said:
That's kind of a cheating statement. Everything that lives (organic stuff) is fertilizer. Humans, trees, fungus, insects, animals, plants, everything living will decay down to fertilizer.

Where legumes are special is they are nitrogen-fixing. But the plants themselves don't do it, they team up with bacteria in the soil that fixes nitrogen in little nodules on the plant, feeding the plant the nitrogen it needs. When the plant dies, the fixed nitrogen remains in the soil until it evaporates. Hence, soybeans, a legume, can fix nitrogen in the soil which is a necessary element in fertilizer.

[/has grown soybeans, eaten them, and mulched over the plants to save the nitrogen]

Also, http://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/_a/a-129.pdf

Thank you for the response, you saved me a few keystrokes. When we had the space to grow garden vegetables, we always had a compost bin. Nothing but a lot of different organic stuff. The best thing for the garden.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Wimbo;3278861 said:
Did you start drinking milk and/or eating yogurt regularly? Could be lactose intolerance.

Even if you're lactose intolerant, it's still OK to eat yogurt. That's one dairy thing lactose intolerant people can eat.