WoW...Lienart Anyone????

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'm impressed with the USC team but am not overly impressed with Leinart. He is not a P Manning or Aikman level prospect. His arm is suspect. He just plays on a loaded team with an OC that is a genius (Chow).

He may be good but I would not trade up for him. Some team is going to really have to overpay him if he ends up being the #1 pick.

jimmy40

Reaction score
jdnalls said:
Still pissed the Sooners still own UT?
OU better pony up some more money on this years recruits. This game is killing them.

jsond

Reaction score
zagnut said:
If he's overrated, what's Oklahoma's defensive backfield?

I like OU's 2ndary but I don't know that Leinert is the main one making them look bad. Seems the USC WR's have done their part as a few of them have been wide open on several plays. The 2 TD catches the receivers made some excellent catches look routine.

DallasKnight

Reaction score
USC is not this much better than OU. OU is having a terrible game, and is turning the ball over with some really uncharacteristic play. Did I hear right? That during the season, and coming into this game, they had only turned the ball over 9 times? Add 4 more to that total.

USC is a system. Plug and play. Leinart is decent, and the 40whiners will take him for sure now with the #1. Is he their franchise QB of the future? If so, I see them having many, many top 5 picks in the future. :skins: :iggles:

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasKnight said:
USC is not this much better than OU. OU is having a terrible game, and is turning the ball over with some really uncharacteristic play. Did I hear right? That during the season, and coming into this game, they had only turned the ball over 9 times? Add 4 more to that total.

USC is a system. Plug and play. Leinart is decent, and the 40whiners will take him for sure now with the #1. Is he their franchise QB of the future? If so, I see them having many, many top 5 picks in the future. :skins: :iggles:
I think Jason White proved beyond a shadow of a doubt it's all the system at OU.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Leinart is the real deal....he is a very smart QB who makes great decisions and delivers the long ball with uncanny accuracy...the guy has only 1 overtime loss in two years as a starter. The kid is humble and loves going to school and wants to come back for his senior year to enjoy college and try to extend his record to another perfect season with a team that has 16 starters returning including most of his receivers and both running backs.

Geez....what's not to like? It's refreashing....Everyone picked Oklahoma and even before the game were talking about their superior receivers and athletes and picking OK to win because USC wouldn't be able to stop them and didn't have the number of stars that OK had.

So don't give me that system crap...Carson Palmer is the real deal in the NFL and is proving it....Kerry Collins is the real deal....We chose one of their OL this year.

Leinart is NOT extremely mobile, but he's more mobile than Palmer ever was, and he's a freakin' winner. Last night he didn't even have one of his better games as he missed some wide open receivers, not uncommon among QB's who look up and see a guy wide open...however, on 3rd down, he was very accurate and put the ball in perfect spots....he never missed a receiver deep and audibled to some great calls.

Is he better than McNabb, Culpepper, Palmer, Vick......no. He'd have to prove that at the next level, but he's a very good QB who's been very well coached...he'll be successful at the next level because he has a good arm, a good brain, and he's a winner.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether he is a real deal or not...I really do hope he comes out this year....I hope teams are drooling over him and that he is projected as a High First round pick with other QBs.

The more high projected or picked QBs in the first round, mean other players fall to us.

:cool:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Whether he is a real deal or not...I really do hope he comes out this year....I hope teams are drooling over him and that he is projected as a High First round pick with other QBs.

The more high projected or picked QBs in the first round, mean other players fall to us.

:cool:
I think he's crazy, but I also think he'll actually stay in school....he's going to make his huge money whether he's the #1 pick or the #10 pick...he'll be set for life either way...I think the kid wants to finish college, loves the life there, and realizes that another year at USC can only make him more ready for the NFL....he'll be advised to come out now, but I'm guessing it won't be an easy decision for him.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I would take Lienart if I was the 49ers but I wouldn't trade two first round picks for him like Spagnola suggests.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I think he's crazy, but I also think he'll actually stay in school....he's going to make his huge money whether he's the #1 pick or the #10 pick...he'll be set for life either way...I think the kid wants to finish college, loves the life there, and realizes that another year at USC can only make him more ready for the NFL....he'll be advised to come out now, but I'm guessing it won't be an easy decision for him.

I don't agree with this at all. The kid is acting like a kid. He is enjoying being the big man on campus. Hey, that's certainly understandable but at some point you have to get your head out of the clouds and be a little more mature. You don't sacrafice millions by risking giving up the #1 spot in the draft. There is also the risk that he could get injured. And let's say they don't win the national championship next year. He would have just wasted a year for nothing. And people can predict that Linart will be the #1 pick next year too but things change in college. You have no idea who will be available next year or who will suddenly emerge from nowhere and win the hearts of NFL GM's. This is a lot to risk just so you can win a third national championship in college.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Leinert lost Mike Williams and played better. Overated? I think not.

He lost BOTH his starting WR's. All his WRs now are freshmen. I agree with you.