WR Amari Cooper through 16 games: 98 catches for 1408 yards and 12 TDs

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Come on what?

You have a short-memory. Dez was a beast. Amari cant and hasnt made half of the spectacular plays Dez has made.

Show me a play that Cooper has made on the par of these

They both have 200yard receiving games

Both have 2-3Td games

Cooper doesnt make those type of plays. Him trying to high point that pass in New Orleans was embarassing. And i am a Coop fan

@The Natural

:laugh:

Thanks for sharing. It was nice re-living those!

I love Amari, and he will be an accomplished receiver in this league when all is said and done, but Dez Bryant was an unguardable force in this league in his prime. Amari hasn't shown me that yet.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. It was nice re-living those!

I love Amari, and he will be an accomplished receiver in this league when all is said and done, but Dez Bryant was an unguardable force in this league in his prime. Amari hasn't shown me that yet.

BitesizedGloomyCowrie-size_restricted.gif

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Cooper on his rookie deal alone will have more 1000 yard seasons and more pro bowls then Dez's entire career...... [/B]

The only argument for Dez is Dez had a slightly higher upside for the 2 peak years but that's really about it.

This is like trying to say Chris Johnson is better than Frank Gore because Chris has 2 higher upside years but in doing so ignoring that Frank Gore did 90% of Chris's peak for much much longer.

Alot the Dez overrating reminds me of the highschool kids that play madden and are obsessed with "flashy" play and big mouths
And still no all-pros which is what we are arguing

Peak Dez >>> Peak Amari

Amari was a BUM his last two seasons in Oak at age 23 and 24

Hes finally performing at a high-level in a contract year (shocker), yet yall wanna say he was better than Dez friggin Bryant??

The same Dez that was arguably a 1b to Megatron 1a?

:facepalm:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol you are comparing a simple spin move to moves like the one Dez made on Peterson?

This site man...
No not at all lol. I am just saying he looked great on that play. You do realize I was one of the biggest Dez fans on this site for years. Ask around

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So glad we have Cooper. He needs to watch his drops, but I like his attitude much better. I like how he doesn't flap his gums and then get shut down. I like how he doesn't explode on the sidelines like Dez did when Romo threw the ball behind him on a crossing pattern. I like how he doesn't argue with the DB while the other team is running back a pick 6. I like how he doesn't loaf on 3rd down while the QB is trying to scramble for a first down. I like how we don't hear about him arguing with Paul Blart Mall Cop about his pants being on the ground, or him not paying for his bling, or trashing his rental.

Sign that man to a contract already!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
So glad we have Cooper. He needs to watch his drops, but I like his attitude much better. I like how he doesn't flap his gums and then get shut down. I like how he doesn't explode on the sidelines like Dez did when Romo threw the ball behind him on a crossing pattern. I like how he doesn't argue with the DB while the other team is running back a pick 6. I like how he doesn't loaf on 3rd down while the QB is trying to scramble for a first down. I like how we don't hear about him arguing with Paul Blart Mall Cop about his pants being on the ground, or him not paying for his bling, or trashing his rental.

Sign that man to a contract already!!!
Romo missing a pass? Dont say that out loud here. Its not possible and its blasphemous

Tussinman

Reaction score
And still no all-pros which is what we are arguing

Peak Dez >>> Peak Amari

Amari was a BUM his last two seasons in Oak at age 23 and 24

Hes finally performing at a high-level in a contract year (shocker), yet yall wanna say he was better than Dez friggin Bryant??

The same Dez that was arguably a 1b to Megatron 1a?

:facepalm:
Wow Dez had 1 year of first team all-pro and no years of 2nd team. He was top 5 player for 1 freaking year, top 10 for 2 additional years and that's his entire professional career.

What an elite badass :rolleyes: (lol at comparing him to Megatron)

Your basically arguing Dez had a little more upside in a single season to season and a half. I'd rather have Amari doing 90% of peak Dez for longer without all the drama.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Don't look now but we seem to have our best WR since Michael Irvin! What a trade that turned out to be.
Amari has only played 13 games with the Cowboys so where are you getting your stats? I agree he does seem to be the best WR since Irvin but you don't have to misrepresent his stats to make a point.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Amari has only played 13 games with the Cowboys so where are you getting your stats? I agree he does seem to be the best WR since Irvin but you don't have to misrepresent his stats to make a point.
Regular season he played 9 last year and 5 this year (14 total). I'm assuming the TC included the 2 playoff games from last year to get 16

Batman1980

Reaction score
Regular season he played 9 last year and 5 this year (14 total). I'm assuming the TC included the 2 playoff games from last year to get 16

That's what I assume as well since I got the info from a Jon Machota tweet.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Wow Dez had 1 year of first team all-pro and no years of 2nd team. He was top 5 player for 1 freaking year, top 10 for 2 additional years and that's his entire professional career.

What an elite badass :rolleyes: (lol at comparing him to Megatron)

Your basically arguing Dez had a little more upside in a single season to season and a half. I'd rather have Amari doing 90% of peak Dez for longer without all the drama.
I wonder what Dez would have been able to do if it didn't take him so long to learn the play book. Or if he worked on his route running.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I wonder what Dez would have been able to do if it didn't take him so long to learn the play book. Or if he worked on his route running.

Or dropped less passes. Or learned how to land properly while trying to catch the ball. Or fumbled less.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First, everyone knows the preseason games don't count. Second, 16 games played implies a full year/season has gone by. Amari won't have his 1 year anniversary here until we get back from our bye week. The threat title misrepresents Amari's time here.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Amazing that he could post these stats with a QB like Weeden throwing to him.

Tussinman

Reaction score
First, everyone knows the preseason games don't count. Second, 16 games played implies a full year/season has gone by. Amari won't have his 1 year anniversary here until we get back from our bye week. The threat title misrepresents Amari's time here.
Misrepresents is a little harsh considering you factoring performance in the 2 most important games (playoffs) as invalid

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Misrepresents is a little harsh considering you factoring performance in the 2 most important games (playoffs) as invalid
Nope, even if you do count the two playoff games, that's still not 16 games with the cowboys.

Ken

Reaction score
Once Dak took over the starting role, Dez became expendable. Romo threw it up and let Dez’s natural ability make the catch. Dak needed/needs to see someone open before making the throw.

I just wish we got to see Romo with Zeke in the backfield. That would’ve been deadly.
You got to see him with Demarco Murray.