WR Chase Claypool for a 5th?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6-4, 238, 4.42 forty, 40.5" vert

Last season the Bears traded a 2nd to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. Now they're going to make him inactive due to conflict with the coaches.

Media reports say the Bears would take a 5th for him.

Originally a 2nd round pick in 2020.

Due 14/17ths of 2.99M salary.

John813

Reaction score
Seems like an one hit wonder that allowed ego to ruin a promising career. Jmo. Also sucks he has a RB as a QB

blueblood70

Reaction score

Last season the Bears traded a 2nd to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. Now they're going to make him inactive due to conflict with the coaches.

I don't know it seems like a waste to me he was a issue in Pittsburgh and now again with the bears and you want them here how what targets do we have for this guy when we already have our three starters plus other guys who are trying to grow exactly what good is this guy gonna do on an offense that seems right now to be conservative they're not throwing the ball a lot and now you want to add another target that probably won't even see the field?? Besides the fact you gotta worry about his locker room issues or whatever these issues are having it going on his third team and 12 months that that I don't know dude I mean it seems to be a red flag to me so no I'm not with that,..

blueblood70

Reaction score
His ego will always precent him from being great
not really

the problem here is he's got an ego like he's good but he's not good...

Been guys with egos all over the NFL prima donnas like TO and Michael Irvin and Dez Bryant plus throw me the dang ball book guy, AB, OBJ etc etc but they seem to be able to still catch the football and bring their team production and wins And a few gold jackets to boot..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I would like to see more of Tolbert. Today even.
Right.. We don't need any more head cases that could potentially take away snaps and be progress killers to our young guys we don't even have enough snaps to go around we literally have Michael gallup, Brandin cooks, and of course CD lamb who they look like they want to feed a lot.. If Kellen Moore was still here maybe he liked to throw the ball all game no matter what the score is and just Chuck it up 3-4 man why but this offense doesn't support another wide receiver in my humble opinion.

CCBoy

Reaction score

My first question isn't an issue of talent, but focus in routes and while on field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like an one hit wonder that allowed ego to ruin a promising career. Jmo. Also sucks he has a RB as a QB
Speaking of Bears QB Justin Fields...If Trey Lance was on the Bears roster I think he would beat out Fields for the starting job...Not a big complement but just thinking out loud...

NFL Records
Justin Fields 5-23
Trey Lance 2-2

Jarntt

Reaction score
Heck no for the Cowboys. We have 4 WRs and 5 now that we have been using Turpin this year. #6 only needs to be a good STs guy. hard, obvious pass

blueblood70

Reaction score
Speaking of Bears QB Justin Fields...If Trey Lance was on the Bears roster I think he would beat out Fields for the starting job...Not a big complement but just thinking out loud...

NFL Records
Justin Fields 5-23
Trey Lance 2-2
well when you're thinking out loud change your thought process the fact that Trey Lance was on a much better more complete team on the verge of Super Bowls when you have the bears who are train wreck trying to get talent in there and they're finally trying to but you can't fault the guys record up to this point because I don't think they put all the pieces together yet,,... So as much as it's nice to think about maybe we got Trey Lance who's a better quarterback than Justin fields sitting there at #3 I might pull back the reins a little bit on that thought process.... I mean if you want some examples maybe Justin fields going to need some time or a different team because Chicago's never had great wide receivers hardly any great offensive players especially on the offensive lines etc
I mean look at some of the other quarterbacks like recently Gino Smith you know goes to a different team a decade later and he's playing very well real solid starter now I mean sometimes you get put in a bad situation and you have a Justin field to needs a little more time to grow but when there was not a lot of support his first two seasons I say that's more of Chicago in the GM and the coaches and what not..

quickccc

Reaction score

I believe we don't even currently have any late round picks of our own at this moment.

And if we're willing to trade for Claypool, then would we basically be giving up on 2nd yr. Tolbert ?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I would like to see more of Tolbert. Today even.

Personally, I'm more concerned about corner. I like Bland. Don't get me wrong. Just want that top-notch corner.

It'll be interesting seeing how Gilmore plays against his old team, as well as Zeke.
Claypool would be a progress stopper....especially for Tolbert. And so much for all that pre-season hype....

speedkilz88

Reaction score
No, but they don't even have a 4th or 5th this year. They will get two comp picks. Looks like a 5th and a 6th since it doesn't look like Schultz will make his incentives. But they haven't been awarded to them yet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know it seems like a waste to me he was a issue in Pittsburgh and now again with the bears and you want them here how what targets do we have for this guy when we already have our three starters plus other guys who are trying to grow exactly what good is this guy gonna do on an offense that seems right now to be conservative they're not throwing the ball a lot and now you want to add another target that probably won't even see the field?? Besides the fact you gotta worry about his locker room issues or whatever these issues are having it going on his third team and 12 months that that I don't know dude I mean it seems to be a red flag to me so no I'm not with that,..
Makes you wonder what the Bears were thinking when they traded a 2nd for him...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Makes you wonder what the Bears were thinking when they traded a 2nd for him...
I think they were just trying to appease fans and trying to look like they were trying to do something.. Now DJ Moore he's a whole different type of player...

I take him right now, as a matter of fact if they wanted to get rid of him, I would trade Gallup for him plus a third "_) :muttley: :thumbup: